One piece tart pan/HELP

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ARPE

Assistant Cook
I just received a one piece, glass tart pan from a friend & promised that I would use it... BUT,I don't know how to get the finished tart out of the pan. I thought you could just remove the crust after baking then fill it, but the recipes I have seen say to put the filling in a pre baked crust,rebake if necessary then after cooling, remove from the tart pan. HOW DO YOU DO THIS????

I just received a one piece, glass tart pan from a friend & promised that I would use it... BUT,I don't know how to get the finished tart out of the pan. I thought you could just remove the crust after baking then fill it, but the recipes I have seen say to put the filling in a pre baked crust,rebake if necessary then after cooling, remove from the tart pan. HOW DO YOU DO THIS????

Like a pie, I would cut and serve the tart from the pan. Think of it as a quiche!:)

Craig

I thought of doing that, but the edges are scalloped & straight up & down. I don't think I could get a server to go at 90 degree angle & not mess the serving up. There has to be a way to remove it since all recipes say to do it. Frustrating !!!

You could try flipping it out using a plate on top, then another plate to flip back over. Personally, I would line just the bottom with parchment paper if I was going to do that though.

Flip the whole thing out onto a plate.

1) Put a plate over the top of the baking dish and turn the whole thing upside down.
2) Remove the baking dish leaving the contents upside down on the plate.
3) Put another plate onto of the contents and flip it again.

Now the contents are out of the baking dish and right-side up on a serving plate.

Depending on the tart you are making, you could choose one that does not require a second baking or do a second baking with the prebaked crust taken out of the tart pan. Just put the pre-baked shell on a cookie sheet, fill it and rebake.

That being said, I suspect your friend expects to see the finished product in the tart pan as part of the presentation.

That is how I remove cakes from the pan, but wouldn't that make the tart filling fall out?

I think you'll have to serve it directly from the pan. The first piece might be tricky to get out, but after that you can slip the pie server under the piece from the side.

How about using parchment paper? I'm thinking cut a round for the bottom and a couple of strips at right angles, so you could lift it out to make the first cut and remove the first piece, then put the tart back in the pan.

this is why I normally / typically / usually use a spring form pan.

baked in a one piece pan, you're required to cut/scoop/serve from that pan. \

the idea of flipping it out onto a second dish works - but only to the point that the original dish does not stick/glue itself to the flip-ee pan.

flour / corn starch / powdered sugar (whatever) aside - if you can't out-flip it cleanly from the baking pan to a "dish" then "back" to a servring platter, you're toast.

I use a springform pan, pop the ring, run a long knife under the "thing" - slide it off onto a serving plate. all done, no damage, all good, nadda ladda issues.

Well of course the BEST thing to use, is a 2-piece tart pan with a removable bottom. But, since that wasn't your gift, I suspect Andy M. is right about the pan being part of the presentation.

Back
Top Bottom