"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 02-19-2012, 04:31 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

On the TV commercial they are giving you two for the price of one. That is the first thing that should make you suspicious. The second is that they don't list the cost of separate S&H. So I decided to order one just for giggles. Before I would give them my credit card info, I wanted the cost of the separate S&H. The girl couldn't give it to me until I had given her my credit card info. Red Flag!!! I insisted on knowing, she insisted on her saying No! When I insisted for the third time, I got disconnected. I have the strongest feeling that she was reading from a script. The fact that she could barely speak English I let slide. My cell phone is serviced by an overseas site and I get great service with them. And everyone has to earn a living. Even in offshore places.

Old 02-19-2012, 04:39 AM   #12
Chef Extraordinaire

When a product fails, Bed and Bath usually replaces it free. At least that has been my experience. I bought a package of 12x12 dinner napkins and one was more like 5x5. I had already painted on ten of them but brought the defective one back with the receipt and empty package. I got another whole package of 12 free. The fact that the reviewer on uTube had to buy a new one tells me that B&B were taking a beating on the pans and decided to not honor their own agreement. They kept just enough in stock to replace the ones being returned or try to get rid of their present stock.

Old 02-19-2012, 05:09 AM   #13
Head Chef

For laughs, if BBB or Walgreens still has them in stock and I buy one, I get a 30 day money back from those stores? Orgreenics site guarantee will charge you $30 for shipping their $19.99 + S&H item back to them for a replacement/refund.
Old 02-19-2012, 05:44 AM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caslon View Post
For laughs, if BBB or Walgreens still has them in stock and I buy one, I get a 30 day money back from those stores? Orgreenics site guarantee will charge you $30 for shipping their $19.99 + S&H item back to them for a replacement/refund.
And it is probably at their discretion. I bet they will send you a replacement and not a refund.
Old 02-19-2012, 09:43 AM   #15
Certified Pretend Chef

Quote:
...The lack of quality control probably accounts for many of the bad reviews.
Reason enough to not buy one...

...or two.
Old 02-19-2012, 01:06 PM   #16
Executive Chef

Quote:
BB&B has a full refund 30 day unconditional satisfaction guarantee on all their products. I've never had the slightest problem getting a full refund on any product I didn't like. Just keep the receipt and bring it with you for a refund.
Old 10-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #17
Traveling Welcome Wagon

I have used it, and I love it.

I wasn't going to give into the hype, but my non-stick frying pan bit the dust, so I did a little research. I found some good reviews, and the main bad reviews I found were from people who hadn't seasoned their pans, and some gave the company itself bad reviews and suggested buying it from Amazon.

I decided to try one pan for myself. I bought the OrGreenic 12" frying pan at WalMart. I absolutely LOVE it. It was quick and easy to season, and so far it is cooking and cleaning like a dream. I have cooked pork chops, bacon, and scrambled eggs in it on top of the stove, and chicken thighs and tomatoes in the oven. Every doubt I had is gone, and since they are lighter weight than many of my pans (hard on my hands, as I have arthritis and carpal tunnel syndrome) I may get the whole set when I can afford it.
Old 10-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #18
Executive Chef

I'm giving serious thought to trying the OrGrenic 12" frying pan at BBB. Their price is $30 minus my 20% coupon (sign up online to get them) plus tax comes out to about $26.

I have all my good stuff packed away and my cheap sh... er... stuff, is not doing well. I could do with an inexpensive but good fry pan even if it duplicates what I already have better. You never know, maybe in the future I can cook in stereo.
Old 10-14-2012, 03:22 AM   #19
Executive Chef

I went to BB&B this afternoon intending to buy the OrGrenic but when I got in the store and saw the pans they were butt ugly! I can't imagine cooking my food in a green frying pan, it's just so totally wrong a color to have any hope to look nice with food in it, IMO.

Another thing that totally turned me off about the OrGreenic was the steel handle. From past experience I know I will eventually burn my hand on anything with a metal handle.

Instead I bought the Invitations 10" and 12" frying pan set:

Don't mistake this for any deluxe cookware. The two pans together cost $14.99, but when I redeemed my BB&B $5 off coupon the total price for BOTH frying pans together was less than $11!

I have bought other Invitations cookware before including a sort of wok like deep frying pan with rounded edges and a top, perhaps 2-3 quarts, and I'm still using it years later as one of my favorite cookwares.

When I first heard of Invitations I thought they were some today gone tomorrow off-brand but BB&B has been selling them for at least 4-5 years. When I first encountered them I thought it was some sort of introductory deal and that Invitations would raise their prices in the future, but they never did. Yes of course they're manufactured in China.

This is not premium cookware. When I've settled down in my new house (which I have yet to buy) I'll probably get a full set of Calphalon or something like that but for the time being this incredibly inexpensive but very usable cookware is a step up from the old junk I've been cooking on here in my temporary residence. My good stuff is in storage. In fact I think I have this exact 10"-12" set already! But for the price, $11, it's easier than digging through my storage and trying to find the box with the frying pans and unpack my other set of 10"-12" Invitations frying pans.

Half the price of the OrGreenic, twice the number of pans, and if you get a few good years out of the Invitations you can afford to toss them out or donate them to Goodwill and either get another set or buy the Calphalon or other pricey gear.

So I recommend Invitations cookware at Bed Bath & Beyond as extremely affordable cookware but still reasonably good quality, a good choice for anybody who doesn't want to spend a lot of money.

BB&B sells an Invitations set of 6 pots & pans, some lids and 3 "Nylon cooking utensils" (whatever that is) for $50. Slap a 20% off coupon on that and you're out the door for $40 plus tax. I wish I had something that good when I had just graduated college and got my first apartment.

I'm going to get a really snooty big name cookware set very soon but until then these cheap but good pans will help me bridge the gap.
Old 10-14-2012, 09:39 AM   #20
Certified Pretend Chef

I also prefer to go with inexpensive non-stick cookware. Since non-stick is not my go to cookware, I'm happy with pans I can get at Costco or similar for $20-$25 for two. They're a nice thick aluminum for even heat distribution, enameled on the bottom so they can go in the DW. I have some now that are almost 10 years old of occasional use.

Tags
cookware