Oven Proof Lids for off-brand dutch oven

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laurak_d

Assistant Cook
My very well meaning but ill-informed husband bought me a Bella cast-iron enameled dutch oven for Christmas a couple of years ago. I was hoping for a Le Creuset like a spoiled schoolgirl; imagine my disappointment. I hid it well I think. I like it fine for stove top use but it is not oven-safe. I am considering switching the lid handle with a Le Creuset handle that I found on Amazon, but I am not sure if it is just the handle of my Bella that is not oven safe, or the entire lid. Does anyone know the answer to this? Thanks!

If the lid is the same material as the pot it should be fine but I can't say for sure as there isn't any info online. This seems to be a Macy's in-house brand and it's no longer available.

The LeCrueset standard knob is oven safe up to a certain temp. They also sell a metal knob that can handle higher temps.

Wrap the knob in foil and give it a try in the oven. If it breaks, you at least have an excuse to go ut and buy a replacement LeCrueset.

It should be just the top handle that's not oven safe, but even the LeCruset come with a similar handle unless you opt for the oven-safe one specifically, which surprised me when my cousin recently bought an LCDO with the plastic lid handle on it just like my knock-off DO.
Unless the lid on your Bella DO isn't cast iron, which wouldn't make sense since I think part of being a DO is the cast iron lid that radiates heat back downward.
BTW, I don't feel there's much of any difference between LC and knock-off brands.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom