"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 10-22-2007, 03:20 PM   #1
Executive Chef

Pampered Chef

My SIL has started selling this just this last couple months since quitting her job to stay with the kids. She wants me to buy some stuff from her but my experience with the company hasn't been, shall we say, outstanding. I worked for a lady who had to send an entire order back because it arrived in pieces and another lady I know gave me a flat stone and it cracked in half. They replaced it, but it's so heavy I never use it. Is there anything functional about their products and I'm just missing it?

Old 10-22-2007, 03:48 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

About 10 years ago, it seemed that several of my neighbors and I (unintentionally) hosted a series of Pampered Chef parties - I had one a year for 3 or 4 years, and went to several more, so I have a lot of their stuff. I like it a lot. I have two flat stones (one rectangular, one round), a round baking dish, a large rectangular baking dish, a loaf pan, a pie dish and various utensils and gadgets. I've never had a problem with any of them, and I just love the stones. Maybe you just had a run of bad luck with them.

Old 10-22-2007, 03:51 PM   #3
Sous Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to vyapti
My sister sold Pampered Chef for a while, so everyone in my family got stuff for birthdays, etc. The quality was fine and she didn't have too many problems. I just though it was mostly gadgety. Never really cared for it. My wife uses the baking stones as a cutting board for here crafts and that's all we have left.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:56 PM   #4
Assistant Cook

I've not had a problem with the pampered Chef items either, but my problem is that it's just so darn expensive! Some of those gadgety items can be found for much cheaper at the discount/super stores.
Old 10-22-2007, 03:57 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Send a message via Yahoo to Dina
Their stoneware seems to be good for baking casseroles and such. I also have the fluted tart pan, citrus press and the round crust removal to make uncrustable sandwiches which I love.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:00 PM   #6
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paisley View Post
I've not had a problem with the pampered Chef items either, but my problem is that it's just so darn expensive! Some of those gadgety items can be found for much cheaper at the discount/super stores.

Thats how I feel. I bought a collander and some other cheap stuff from a friend who hosted a party and it's good quality but IMO was more $$ than it needed to be.
Old 10-22-2007, 04:05 PM   #7
Executive Chef

So, if I wanted to be a good person and help my SIL I wouldn't necessarily be throwing money out the window just paying more for stuff I could figure out what to do with. Sound right?
Old 10-22-2007, 04:07 PM   #8
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennyema View Post
Thats how I feel. I bought a collander and some other cheap stuff from a friend who hosted a party and it's good quality but IMO was more $$ than it needed to be.
True, which is why it pays to host a party - then you get free stuff , especially if you have it in October or November, just in time for the holidays

And as I recall, there weren't as many discount stores with good quality merchandise 10 or 15 years ago. TJ Maxx didn't carry housewares, for instance.
Old 10-25-2007, 03:10 PM   #9
Executive Chef

GotGarlic - that's what I did "host a party" I guess. I'm getting a $65 roaster for $26 and their newest stoneware a round with built in handles for $10. I figure my $200 is like giving my nieces $40 and I get toys too. I go by number of items that will be in the box. For $200, I'm getting 17 items. Some good bamboo and some good whisks and some stuff to bake with. I'm happy and it helps my nieces, so It's all good. Only thing is I have to have the box delivered to my work so my daughter doesn't see everything I bought.
Old 10-25-2007, 11:55 PM   #10
Head Chef

two cents worth. When I decided to really try to cook I had about nothing to work with. Someone who sells the Pampered Chef line gave me a catalogue and that is as close as I got. It really did look like a lot of gadgets I didn't need and for more money than a discount store if I did. I guess you gota try the stuff - looks like people are having good luck with it.