"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 08-04-2008, 09:10 PM   #11
The Dude Abides

Send a message via AIM to TATTRAT Send a message via Yahoo to TATTRAT Send a message via Skype™ to TATTRAT
for the stones, it is best to just leave it in the oven when cooking as it helps regulate the heat and cooks more evenly.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:26 PM   #12
Master Chef

They season themselves. The more you cook, the more it seasons. DO NOT USE SOAP!
You will get a scraper with it. Run hot water over it and scrape food off. Hot water will clean it. The only thing that soap does is remove oils. You want to keep the oils for seasoning.

Old 08-04-2008, 09:48 PM   #13
Master Chef

I have several pieces. I really like the bar pan and the deep dish baker. I use them all the time. I have 2 round and 2 rectangle stones that have seen alot of use as well. As for seasoning, it's alot like seasoning a cast iron skillet. I oiled them up and baked them in the oven. They do change color and become dark like CI. If I had the chance I would get another deep dish baker. It's like a 10" round cake pan. I make corn bread in mine, use it to bake potatoes, some veggie casseroles, and all sorts of things. Yes the cost is high but some of the stuff they have I have not seen anywhere else.
Old 08-04-2008, 10:34 PM   #14
Chef Extraordinaire

Years ago, it seemed like people in my neighborhood were having a Pampered Chef party every few months. I had one a year for about three years, so I got quite a bit of stuff for free. I have the deep dish baker, pizza stone, loaf stone, pie stone, tart pans, citrus squeezer, tube bread pans, a small dressing whisk, and some other stuff. I love the stones, I use the whisk a lot and the citrus squeezer quite a bit. I have a Chillzanne piece they don't seem to have anymore - it's round, about 18 inches across, with a lid; the bottom part has a gel inside that freezes and keeps food cold for a long time - I love it. I also have an ice cream scoop - it has an antifreeze in the handle that warms the bowl and makes it easier to scoop out ice cream. HTH.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:34 PM   #15
Master Chef

Thanks everyone! One more question....."Do the stones carry any guarantee"?
Old 08-05-2008, 12:43 PM   #16
Master Chef

Yes, they do. I can't remember if it's lifetime or not. I'll look it up and see.
Old 08-05-2008, 12:55 PM   #17
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SizzlininIN View Post
Thanks everyone! One more question....."Do the stones carry any guarantee"?
The stoneware is guaranteed for 3 years of non-commercial use: The Pampered Chef, Ltd.

I would suggest you take a look at their online catalog and decide what you might want; that way, you won't get carried away at the party

Our Products : The Pampered Chef, Ltd.
Old 08-05-2008, 01:50 PM   #18
Master Chef

Thanks again everyone for all your input.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:34 PM   #19
Head Chef

The stones do have a guarantee but not without your sales slip so hide that slip away someplace safe!

A friend of mine and I thought it would be fun to sell and make a some extra $$$. We only did it for a short time. The product is nice but WAY overpriced.
Old 08-05-2008, 03:37 PM   #20
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy M. View Post
Callisto, if you're talking about a pizza type stone, I had a PC pizza stone for years and I used to leave it in the oven during the self cleaning cycle and it came out clean as a whistle!

In between uses, I left it on the floor of the oven upside down so the cooking surface remained clean.
I don't have a self cleaning oven. I have a rectangle stone and this stone. When I get home I'll take a picture of what mine look like and you'll see why I hate them.
https://www.pamperedchef.com/graphic...250/1371_h.jpg

Quote:
The stones do have a guarantee but not without your sales slip so hide that slip away someplace safe!
The orders are computerized so you no longer have to worry about that. They aren't guaranteed if you drop them though, just if something happens during the cooking process and you pay the shipping back to Pampered Chef which is very expensive because of the weight of the stone.

I love their utensils, absolutely, it's just the flat stones that I think are over rated.