Pampered Chef

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SizzlininIN

Master Chef
I've been invited to a pampered chef party at the end of the month. I have to admit I'm not real familiar with them.

Do any of you have any PC products and if so what do you have, what don't you like about it or do like about it.

I'm considering the round baking stone and the pie edge protector at the moment.

Any input will be greatly appreciated.....thanks!

PC is expensive and I know you can buy cheaper, but, I love my PC stones. As long as you take care of them, they last forever.

I do not like my flat stones but it could be the storage issues at my house or the fact that I've burned them both because I could never get them seasoned right.

I have the four mini loaf stone and love it. I bake greasier than I cook on flat ware apparently. It seasoned nicely but my stones were YUCK and I haven't touched them in a year.

I do love their bamboo untensils line, the cookie press, and this great tool called the ??mash and stir?? it's a utensil that you use to break up your ground beef when cooking. I love the thing.

oh no.....................................

seriously, there stuf is ok, just ok, and very overpriced. you can go to a local restaurant supplier and find industry grade stuff for half the rice of PC.

My better half did PC for a while, until she realized not everyone wants to pay 7 bucks for a egg slicer, THAT DOES STRAWBERRIES TOO! OMG!

the parties are fun and fluff, imo. As for the goods, WAY steep on the price...once again, just my opinion.

The baking stone is great for baking just about anything, including pizza. We have the fluted tart pan and the citrus squeeze but that's about all. I think their products are good but overpriced.

Yes I looked at the online catalog and saw the prices and they are quite shocking. The sticker shock is what made me post to get your guys opinion before I settled on anything.

Tell me more about the baking stones. How do you season them and stuff and whats the problem with storage and how do you clean them?

Do they change colors, stain etc....

They had a PC person at the farmers market here for a couple of seasons, she is no longer there. Just could not justify the high prices for the stuff.

I have very little space. I usually store my baking items under the stove, but these don't fit. That's the first storage issue. So I put them in the oven, just for convenience, but I have a teen who turns the oven on without checking and has baked the the pans without anything on them for a couple of times. Anything on them fried.

So, I called my SIL and she said to send them to her. I then mistakenly baked stuff mushrooms on my stone and killed it. I don't know why but apparently you can't bake mushrooms on the stone and if you do, you ruin the stone and they don't tell you you shouldn't bake mushrooms on it.

The main thing to remember is once you burn something on the stone, it's forever scarred.

I really hate my stones.

Callisto, if you're talking about a pizza type stone, I had a PC pizza stone for years and I used to leave it in the oven during the self cleaning cycle and it came out clean as a whistle!

In between uses, I left it on the floor of the oven upside down so the cooking surface remained clean.

I had the rectangle stone - Myblack lab pulled it off the stove to steal the loaf - One down. I had the bar pan - I tried to move it in the oven. The hot pad slipped and I got burnt, dropped the bar pan, like 1/4 ". It shattered while baking the bread - 2 down.

I ordered fabrament. It is the size of the shelf in the oven. I leave it in on the bottom shelf, always. I didn't think of upside down. I'll do that - good idea.

They season themselves. The more you cook, the more it seasons. DO NOT USE SOAP!
You will get a scraper with it. Run hot water over it and scrape food off. Hot water will clean it. The only thing that soap does is remove oils. You want to keep the oils for seasoning.

I have several pieces. I really like the bar pan and the deep dish baker. I use them all the time. I have 2 round and 2 rectangle stones that have seen alot of use as well. As for seasoning, it's alot like seasoning a cast iron skillet. I oiled them up and baked them in the oven. They do change color and become dark like CI. If I had the chance I would get another deep dish baker. It's like a 10" round cake pan. I make corn bread in mine, use it to bake potatoes, some veggie casseroles, and all sorts of things. Yes the cost is high but some of the stuff they have I have not seen anywhere else.

Years ago, it seemed like people in my neighborhood were having a Pampered Chef party every few months. I had one a year for about three years, so I got quite a bit of stuff for free. I have the deep dish baker, pizza stone, loaf stone, pie stone, tart pans, citrus squeezer, tube bread pans, a small dressing whisk, and some other stuff. I love the stones, I use the whisk a lot and the citrus squeezer quite a bit. I have a Chillzanne piece they don't seem to have anymore - it's round, about 18 inches across, with a lid; the bottom part has a gel inside that freezes and keeps food cold for a long time - I love it. I also have an ice cream scoop - it has an antifreeze in the handle that warms the bowl and makes it easier to scoop out ice cream. HTH.

The stones do have a guarantee but not without your sales slip so hide that slip away someplace safe!

A friend of mine and I thought it would be fun to sell and make a some extra $$$. We only did it for a short time. The product is nice but WAY overpriced.

Callisto, if you're talking about a pizza type stone, I had a PC pizza stone for years and I used to leave it in the oven during the self cleaning cycle and it came out clean as a whistle!

In between uses, I left it on the floor of the oven upside down so the cooking surface remained clean.
I don't have a self cleaning oven. I have a rectangle stone and this stone. When I get home I'll take a picture of what mine look like and you'll see why I hate them.
https://www.pamperedchef.com/graphics/products_250/1371_h.jpg

The stones do have a guarantee but not without your sales slip so hide that slip away someplace safe!
The orders are computerized so you no longer have to worry about that. They aren't guaranteed if you drop them though, just if something happens during the cooking process and you pay the shipping back to Pampered Chef which is very expensive because of the weight of the stone.

I love their utensils, absolutely, it's just the flat stones that I think are over rated.

Back
Top Bottom