"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 09-05-2012, 06:13 AM   #1
Chef Extraordinaire

Pampered Chef products - ISO comments/feedback

The good, the bad, the ugly? I have some PC stuff (pamperedchef.ca). A high school friend loves the products and is encouraging me to get involved with the program. I was wondering what others think of the products and price point?

Old 09-05-2012, 06:46 AM   #2
Master Chef

I have a few basic things and I found the quality to be good and the price to be high.

If you have too many friends, getting involved in this type of merchandising should help to solve that problem.

Old 09-05-2012, 07:12 AM   #3
Head Chef

I agree nice things but to expensive, When I am invited to a PC party I tend to purchase the cheapest thing.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #4
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

My sister used to sell Pampered Chef products a number of years ago. There were some things that I purchased, but in those days I didn't cook near as much as I do now.
I bought some bakeware as I recall. It was good quality, but a tick pricey. Frankly, if it was anyone but my sister selling it, I likely would have thought twice or thrice about buying those items..
Hoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 09:06 AM   #5
Master Chef

Sounds like we're all on the same page. I have 4 of their stoneware products (SIL used to sell) that I like. I love their silcone spatulas especially the mix and serve ones that are kind of spoon shaped. Most of the stuff is good quality but a bit pricey. IMO, those who do well selling things in this manner (parties etc) have to really love the product or at least act like they do to make a go of it.
Old 09-05-2012, 09:34 AM   #6
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aunt Bea View Post
I have a few basic things and I found the quality to be good and the price to be high.

If you have too many friends, getting involved in this type of merchandising should help to solve that problem.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:33 AM   #7
Wine Guy

IMO, way overpriced for what it is. Case in point, my wife bought a microwave steaming bowl. It's nothing special, made out of plastic and has a lid with holes in it to allow steam to escape. I think she paid $20 for it. I've seen the same sort of item without the Pampered Chef label selling for $5-6.

Amazon.com: Pampered Chef Micro Cooker Small: Kitchen & Dining

versus

Progressive International Microwavable Mini Steamer: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining
Old 09-05-2012, 11:37 AM   #8
Certified Pretend Chef

I agree with the concensus. Too expensive for what you get.
Old 09-05-2012, 12:32 PM   #9
Everymom

I absolutely love their products though. I have a couple of the heavy gauge cookie sheets and they are an absolute DREAM to use and clean up. I also have a few stoneware pieces and they are amazing too. Definitely too much money though, and I put them on my wish list for people who struggle to find gift ideas for me.
Old 09-05-2012, 02:00 PM   #10
Chef Extraordinaire

Thanks guys! My opinion has always been "pricey." Good quality, but pricey. But then again, I have Le Creuset cookware and Henkell knives.

However, the PC things I have, I really do like. My friend has been selling PC for 11 years. I need to re-invent what I do to pay the mortgage. Unfortunately, selling eggs is not enough. As much as I love my hens, they just aren't pulling their weight re: helping with the mortgage. I also don't have a lot of friends--the ones I have, I'd like to keep! But Alix, you can order online and put the consultant's name in to give the person credit!

Keeping an open mind, I'm giving my high school friend a call in about an hour to learn more.

Tags
chef