Pick My New Set Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Munky

Honey Badger
I'm in need of a new cookware set.Like today:LOL:
So, who wants to spend my money?
The budget might be a challenge.Prefer to buy from Amazon.

Here's the rules.
1. No T Fal...
2.Must be able to survive my sons abuse!!! They know who they are.:ohmy:
3.Must have pans and sauce pots.With lids that actually fit.Steamer pots aren't that necessary.Nice but really not necessary.
4. $200.00 limit.

Sound like fun or what?
I'd appreciate any and all input as to what to get.
Thank you.

Munky.

Sorry I can't help you Munky as my days of buying sets are over for all the obvious reasons. Have fun shopping for individual pieces you really want, and they can all be delivered by Amazon tomorrow or sooner.

Do you belong to costco or have a friend that does? www.costco.com

If you are a member they ship...

They have some screaming deals - here are a few..

The tri-ply is lovely and now that I've looked I may have to go check out the Berndes ...they are a new listing and the ones I've seen are really nice.

costco_1.jpg costco_2.jpg

costco_3.jpg costco_4.jpg

I have been buying individual Cuisinart pieces with lids from Amazon. I have 1, 1 1/2, 2 & 3 (2 & 3 quart pots have straining lids), 5 1/2 quart sauce pots. I also have a 3 1/2 & a 5 1/2 quart sauté pans with lids. I love them. All the lids fit perfectly.

I'm with JJ. Walmart's Tramontina tri-ply stainless cookware is very good and it's nearly impossible to beat the price. You can buy a set or choose individual pieces or both.

I tried to delete my previous post. The pic and the link were wrong. It wouldn’t delete! Here is the correct link and pic

View attachment 31492

The one pan that I couldn't do without is...

Product highlights

• 18/10 stainless steel, induction-ready, tri-ply base cookware set
  • Set includes: 8" fry pan, 10" saute pan with lid, 1.5-qt sauce pan with lid, 2-qt sauce pan with lid, 3-qt sauce pan with lid, 6-qt stock pot with lid, Steamer insert (fits 2 & 3 quart sauce pans)
  • Oven-safe and dishwasher safe

That is my "do everything" pan, although mine is Alclad and was bought individually, it's indispensable in my kitchen. I adore that pan and lid.

The tri-ply is lovely and now that I've looked I may have to go check out the Berndes ...they are a new listing and the ones I've seen are really nice.

View attachment 31486 View attachment 31487

View attachment 31488 View attachment 31489

I'm a member.. whoa! that one set Circulon set was gorgeous.
The lids have strainers.My heart sank!
The non stick is great.Unfortunately it can't keep up with with members of this house.I need a new club.:ermm:

I'm a member.. whoa! that one set Circulon set was gorgeous.
The lids have strainers.My heart sank!
The non stick is great.Unfortunately it can't keep up with with members of this house.I need a new club.:ermm:

I don't have personal experience with any of these brands, except Cuisinart. Not a big fan.

My mom has some Circulon that she likes, and I have cooked with.

CD

Here's the rules.
1. No T Fal...
3.Must have pans and sauce pots.With lids that actually fit.Steamer pots aren't that necessary.Nice but really not necessary.
4. $200.00 limit.

Sound like fun or what?
Thank you.

Munky.
If money's no object there's no argument - Le Creuset enamelled cast iron. Lasts forever so, despite the initial expense, the yearly cost will be pennies. My 40+ year old set of Le C pots and pans are still going strong and I expect I'll be able to leave them to my god-daughter in my will!

You also save on the cost of gas or electricity as, after reaching the required cooking temperature they work perfectly on a very low heat. On the rare occasions that I've burnt something in one, a soak in warm, soapy water has sorted it out.

One word of advice - Le C make a very (VERY) large oval dutch oven (31cm long and 6.3 litres capacity!!!) Avoid it like the plague - I could hardly lift one empty, never mind filled with stew!

View attachment 31486 View attachment 31487

View attachment 31488 View attachment 31489
Sets are all very well but I've found that you often end up with one (or two) you never use and without one you really need.

I have been over the years adding to my Cuisinart pans. The lids are glass so I don't have to lift the lid to see if it is boiling yet. And their larger pans have "helper" handles. Those are a great help to me. Being short and having small hands, I can use all the help there is. When food and liquid are added, a pan can become very heavy quickly. I have only bought pans that I know I will use. As stated by someone else, you will find yourself never using some of them when you purchase a "set."

Oh, the lids fit more than just one pan. The lid for my frying pan, also fits the Dutch Oven pan. One less lid to find storage space for. I have also purchased just a lid when I dropped one and it went into pieces.

Last edited:
Amazon had the set Janet suggested.I was really liking the chocolate color.It would have looked great in my kitchen.
Almost hit the buy me now button.Until I saw and read the reviews.
Customer service isn't all that.When a lid shatters it really shatters.

Kept looking.Found this set.which reminded me of an issue that annoyed me to no end on my last set.Stability on the stove top grates.The sauce pots were never stable.You had to be very careful using them or they would fall right over.

I have a gas stove.It's over the budget a bit,guess I'll be bumming money off of hubby:LOL:

https://www.amazon.com/Duxtop-Stain...QXRW/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8&th=1

Opinions?
Good set or keep looking?

Munky.

Last edited:

Here's the rules.
1. No T Fal...
4. $200.00 limit.

Sound like fun or what?
Thank you.

Munky.

Munky, you have two steamers with that set that you wouldn't need. I wouldn't either. On the other hand, the .5-Quart Saute pan with helper and lid would be your favorite pan for your big family.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom