Please help me decide.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You're lucky. If you read the leaflet/brochure that came with your cookware, I'm almost certain it advises against that.

Calphalon says that putting SS in the dishwasher is just fine. Ask them about preheating on high heat though, and you'll get a lecture regarding how to sear properly. Ask me how I know.

Calphalon says that putting SS in the dishwasher is just fine. Ask them about preheating on high heat though, and you'll get a lecture regarding how to sear properly. Ask me how I know.
Yes, and I think All-Clad says it's fine, too, for the tri-ply stainless, too. It's the ones that have the anodized exterior that aren't warranted for cleaning in a dishwasher. It doesn't affect the way they perform, but it makes them look really ugly!

"There is nothing unhealthy about teflon as long as it is used properly. That just means you can't heat it to extreme temps. You would have to actually try to heat to extreme temps as normal cooking would not accomplish that. Teflon is a great and safe way to cook and not have things stick."

GB hit the nail on the head with his post.
Thanks for writing so positively about Teflon - I have to admit, speaking on behalf of DuPont, it's good to see people speaking out about the misconceptions associated with Teflon.
Cooks in more than 40 countries around the world have purchased and used billions of pots and pans with DuPont non-stick coatings and The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has found that DuPont non-stick coatings for cookware are acceptable for conventional kitchen use.

If anyone is interested in more information, or just some great recipes, check out http://www.teflon.com

you workin' for someone?

I've handled the WP cookware in Marshall's where there were selling it as open stock, not in sets. IMHO it is not work the money. I don't think the pans are heavy enough. all the weight seems to be in the handles.

Remember when using SS, use a medium heat, not HIGH. It will heat up and hold the heat. Check out Marshall's or look at Macy's store brand, or if you have a Kmart or Sears, the Kenmore SS is not too bad You will save money if you buy openstock and buy on sale. You can also find some decent enameled CI at a good price.

I agree that you should NOT buy Wofgang or Emeril, or Rachel cookware. It is not worth it.

Back
Top Bottom