Pots and their Tops

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes, thank you everyone for your feedback! I have a new insight. This also gives me potential ideas for other storage projects around the house. :ROFLMAO:

I am really interested in hearing about things you guys dislike when storing pots and their lids.

What problems do you run into when you are cooking with lids, cleaning lids, storing lids?

I myself hate how when you are washing the lid by hand, it rolls around in the kitchen sink, making nasty noise and leaving scuff marks at the bottom. :wacko:

Or how when I'm making a stew and I want to let the ingredients sit in the big pot in the refrigerator, but the lid prevents me from storing it the way I want. :mad:

Like most households our pots, pans, and lids are not neatly organized so chances are that many pots and pans we use while cooking end up with mis-matched lids. It's been like this for years. It's always been a hassle sifting through, looking for the matching lid, especially if you end up with so many pots and pans you've accumulated over the years. More than half of our pots and pans should be thrown out.
And that goes for out tuppeware collection too.

Last edited:
...I myself hate how when you are washing the lid by hand, it rolls around in the kitchen sink, making nasty noise and leaving scuff marks at the bottom. :wacko:

Or how when I'm making a stew and I want to let the ingredients sit in the big pot in the refrigerator, but the lid prevents me from storing it the way I want. :mad:

I gave up long ago worrying about minor scuff marks and scratches on cookware and the kitchen sink. Of course you want them to look good but they are tools and will collect marks that show they have been used to make great meals.

If I'm putting a pot in the fridge to cool down its contents, I leave the cover off so it can cool quickly, an important factor in food quality. If I want to cover the pot, I flip the lid and put it on the pot upside down so the handle doesn't get in the way.

Back
Top Bottom