"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 03-11-2011, 12:33 AM   #31
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katie H View Post
When I had my previous pressure cookers, my family was HUGE so I needed the large capacity.

When my beloved Revere one expired, I went with the KR two-pan set and love the convenience of having a big pan when I need it, such as a big roast or a lot of stew, etc. and a smaller one when I'm preparing something for just the two of us.

I bought the KR set when Buck was still living and we really enjoyed how nice everything turned out. Still only two and I'm just as pleased. No reason not to be, of course.

I purchased the KR upon the recommendation of a very experienced foodie friend who pretty nearly sleeps with theirs. Not really, but they love theirs, too.

As I recall I paid about $149 or $199 for the set on a site that was offering a wonderful deal. Can't remember how long ago it was, but I know it was at least 5 years ago.
Thank you, Katie! Looks like KR is ahead in likes. Getting excited about having a newer set.

Old 03-11-2011, 12:35 AM   #32
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by LindaZ View Post
I told ya - I was traumatized!
When are you going to tell him he was found under a cabbage leaf?

Old 03-18-2011, 07:15 PM   #33
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I ended up getting the Fagor set, I really like it. Also got an updated pressure cooker cook.

Thanks for the advice, everyone!
Old 07-24-2011, 04:34 PM   #34
Cook

THat set with the pressure cooker and fry pan IS NOT for pressure frying. To my knowledge you can no longer get a home grade pressure cooker that can pressure fry. They are too dangerous and pressure cooker makers don't want to deal with the legal liabilities.

That set includes the pressure cooker pot, lid and a skillet that can also use the pressure cooker lid for pressure coming smaller amounts of things. It is not a pressure fryer.

NEVER EVER use a pressure cooker for pressure frying unless the included instructions tell you you can and tells you how to do it. You can die if it goes wrong.

The safety systems on todays pressure cookers are for regular pressure cooking they will not save you frogs sure frying. The heat build up in pressure frying can easily exceed the heat that some of the safety's can handle. Just don,t do it please!

Other than that enjoy your pressure cooker they Re safe and work great for regular pressure cooking.

Robert
Old 07-24-2011, 07:49 PM   #35
Sous Chef

there are several purpose intended home pressure fryers - which (surprise!) double as a "pressure cooker."

but indeed, be sure you know what you're buying . . . .
Old 07-25-2011, 11:39 AM   #36
Cook

Can you point out a couple of home pressure fryer please I have not found any at not from any reputable companies.

Robert
Old 07-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #37
Sous Chef

a quick search turned up

Pro-Selections - Uses as a Pressure Fryer
What is a Pressure Fryer?
Old 08-03-2011, 08:39 PM   #38
Head Chef

I have two Kuhn Rikon pressure cookers. The NYT rightfully called them the "Rolls Royce of pressure cookers." If I wanted to build an IED, I'd start with on of these gadgets. Built like a brick you-know-what but with multiple safety features.