Production inconsistency

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

love-cooking2

Assistant Cook
Back in 1991 we bought a whole range of Lagostina stainless steel pots and pans.
They are excellent and going strong, regrettably this particular model range is discontinued and so I can not get matching additional pots any longer.
Quite by chance, in an effort to get three exact quantity of ingredients I weighed the three 16cm pots that are part of our collection.
Much to my surprise, even without their lids, these pots which were bought at the same time and so likely to be from the same production batch, did not weigh the same.
The differential was not one or two grammes, but a whopping 45g an 25g between the lightest and heavier ones.
So much for quality control!
Never mind, they are very nice to use and may even give the Prestige pots, also of stainless steel, that my mother had for over 48 years some competition.
Has anyone else similar experiences?

I have a set of Lagostina pots bought at about that time. They are wonderful pots. But, I only have one of each kind, so I can't compare two of the same.

Much to my surprise, even without their lids, these pots which were bought at the same time and so likely to be from the same production batch, did not weigh the same.
The differential was not one or two grammes, but a whopping 45g an 25g between the lightest and heavier ones.
So much for quality control!

How much do these pots weigh? Anything cast, forged, or machined will have these differences. It has nothing to do with quality control.
A 45g difference between two roughly 3,000g pots, for instance, is pretty insignificant I would say.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom