Pros and Cons of Swiss Diamond Cookware?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

prozach2

Assistant Cook
I need to buy some nonstick cookware, and I was wondering if anyone is aware of the pros and cons of swiss diamond cookware. I've heard that cooking with teflon may be unhealthy and that teflon is less durable than swiss diamond cookware. I've also heard that swiss diamond pots and pans are more durable? Is anyone aware of any reasons I should not go with this cookware?

We've had a couple of people ask about the Swiss Diamond line of cookware in the past and nobody seemed to know anything about it. Personally, I've never seen it ... but I did go to their website and looked at what they claimed - and there is a little gap between what they advertise and what they explain ... like what they really mean by nanocomposite coating (I'm assuming it is diamonds ground into dust and mixed with a binder material that they apply to the surface of the pan). That also brings up some questions in my mind about their thermo-conductivity chart ... their non-stick surface is not a "solid" diamond - so it's probably not totally honest to use that comparative chart in the way they do.

People who have it seem to like it - according to what is posted on the epinions website.

The old original Teflon is seldom used on "higher end" cookware these days, although it can still be found on some really cheap stuff. The big problem is that it is so non-stick that it doesn't stick to the pan - so even if you baby it there is still a problem of it flaking off into your food. And, it will emit potentially lethal fumes (especially to birds - but can cause flu like symptoms in humans - known as "Teflon Flu") if heated over 450-F. Even with newer non-stick formulations - they are usually only safe up to 500-F in the OVEN - so you can't use them under the broiler.

Thanks Michael,
That was very helpful. So far I haven't been able to find any negative reviews on this cookware, so I guess I'll give it a shot.

Glad I could help! There is a lot of good cookware out these days ... and each material has it's positive and negative sides. I remember when I was getting married for the first time and wanted to buy "the ultimate" cookware (in my price range) - about 900 years ago. :rolleyes:

How is it holding up?

Thanks Michael,
That was very helpful. So far I haven't been able to find any negative reviews on this cookware, so I guess I'll give it a shot.

I am contemplating the purchase of the Swiss Diamond saute and sauce pan. How are yours working out?

I have some swiss diamond at the house. It is by far the best nonstick that i have used. I have not had to test their warranty on it, and have had some of the pans for 4-5 yrs. They say that if it ever wears out, they'll replace it tho. So my quick review is +1 for them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom