Pyrex Designs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vilasman

Senior Cook
I just happened to be floating through my local neighborhood Walmart this AM, and I just wanted to see how much there pyrex was on sale for, cause while I have a boat load of it, we ran out of 9x13 dishes this weekend. I have 3. And 3 10x15's, And 3 8x8's Anyway I almost blew it off cause I could get it for less when it's on sale or when I get to a pyrex outlet, but at the last instant something caught my eye. I dont know if it was the red $5 sticker or that they had 8x8's and 9x13's with a basket weave pattern. The dish, the glass itself ,the outside surface was a basket weave pattern. I say's to myself, self aint that the darndest thing. I've seen in blue or purple or whatever color that it, don't have any....yet... And I have one of those scalloped sided 8x8's, to replace a 8x8 that I exploded in the microwave due to that whole rapid temperature change thing.

Has anyone seen any other patterns besides blue, plain, scallop sided and basket weave?
Seems like I am starting a colllection here

Pyrex goes through design changes - which makes it collectable. There are books, websites, and stores devoted to it.

Lots of different designs out there.....check out Ebay. I was a collector of them too. I have since stopped. I will be hanging on to ones with sentimental value but others I will be selling in a collectors sale I'll be having this summer. I found the best places to find them super cheap are at rummage and estate sales. Sometimes you get lucky and find them realitivly cheap at flea markets and auctions (just depends on if other bidders are collectors too).

Take it from someone who works for the Pyrex brand. You are mainly going to see it in the clear glass anymore looks like everything else is being discontinued and the basket weaves you will not see to much. Yes the whole temperature thing as well the whole reason a use and care come with a product is to follow the directions if not you will have a cracked dish. Also glass does not explode and that is just common sense for anyone who ever says that it may shatter but does not explode. So do not let anyone fool you of that. Just wanted to give you a heads up on the Pyrex.

Mommy00 are there any designs out there that the clear glass casseroles come in besides the basket weave and the ones where the sides look like someone took a pencil and went up and down the sides?

No,there are not their are just the plain glass and the weave. I do not believe there is anything new coming out at this poing right now besides the mixing bowls with the different colored tops. Honestley, If you read the use and care that comes with you pyrex you will have no problems. Also people do not sit a pyrex dish ontop of the oven after baking you will have a problem. I know everything on these dishes any question feel free to email me I am available all of the time. Pyrex, Corelle, Corningware, Chicago Cutlery, Magnalite, Revere, and EKCO. Thanks everybody. carter7889@comcast.net.

Back
Top Bottom