"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 11-05-2007, 09:53 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

"Quality in the Kitchen" ... any one heard of it?

A few years ago my sister got me a saucepan for Christmas. It's easily my favorite piece of cookware, and I wish I could have a whole set of them.

I'm in desperate need of new pots and pans and I'm looking to purchase soon. I'd love to get more like my favorite. The only thing that will help me identify the pot is on the bottom. There's a picture of a bird and the words "Quality in the Kitchen" on it. I assume that's the brand name, but Googling it comes up with thousands of irrelevant results and no relevant ones that I've found.

Does anyone know anything about this brand? Where can I get it (or something comparable)? Any one else have some of their stuff, maybe for a lot longer than I have (does it age well)?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

--chriscrutch

Old 11-05-2007, 10:31 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Well, first, welcome to DC, chriscrutch.

Now...for your question. It could be a regional thing and since you do not tell us where you are, we cannot give a better answer.

Try Googling for information.

Old 11-05-2007, 10:57 PM   #3
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via MSN to kitchenelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriscrutch View Post
A few years ago my sister got me a saucepan for Christmas. It's easily my favorite piece of cookware, and I wish I could have a whole set of them.

I'm in desperate need of new pots and pans and I'm looking to purchase soon. I'd love to get more like my favorite. The only thing that will help me identify the pot is on the bottom. There's a picture of a bird and the words "Quality in the Kitchen" on it. I assume that's the brand name, but Googling it comes up with thousands of irrelevant results and no relevant ones that I've found.

Does anyone know anything about this brand? Where can I get it (or something comparable)? Any one else have some of their stuff, maybe for a lot longer than I have (does it age well)?

Any thoughts would be appreciated.

--chriscrutch
I too came up with zippo on Google - does it say where it's made?

"Count yourself...you ain't so many" - quote from Buck's Daddy
kitchenelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 01:23 AM   #4
Cook

I have a simple solution for you, since your sister gave it to you why don`t you ask her
where she got it. Maybe they have the whole set there.
Old 11-10-2007, 03:54 PM   #5
Assistant Cook

I did ask my sister where she got it, and I went over there, and struck out. She might have been wrong about it, too. As I said, it was a couple years ago.

There are no markings of any kind on the pot or the lid, except for the bird and the words that I described earlier.

And, if it helps, I live in Maine.

Any one got any thoughts?

--chriscrutch
Old 11-10-2007, 04:25 PM   #6
Head Chef

Welcome to DC, chris.

I have not heard of the brand, but you might try a search on ebay w the trademark sign:

Quality In The Kitchen

I didn't find anything available now, but it may come up in the future. Good luck.
Old 11-10-2007, 04:28 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Was it a promotional item from a grocery store?

Kool-Aid...Think Before You Drink
Uncle Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 04:44 PM   #8
Master Chef

Well, it appears that "Quality in the Kitchen" is neither a brand name nor a trade mark registered in the US (from a search), nor does it appear that it could be from what I read, on the United States Patent and Trademark Office website.

Now, if you would tell us something about the cookware itself I'm sure we can help you find something comperable.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:19 AM   #9
Assistant Cook

The eBay idea is something I wouldn't have thought of. I'll give that a try.

The pot didn't come from a grocery store, it came from a department store (TJ Maxx), but I suppose the idea of a promotional item isn't out of the question, either.

The pot is heavy for its size. It's a very dark, almost black metal, not glossy but very smooth and polished. The thing that I really like about it is that it's very non-stick, I'd have to work really hard to burn something on there. It doesn't seem to be coated, though. It's certainly not teflon. Most of my other pots are teflon coated and they've been scratched up and the teflon is coming off, often into the food. That's why I've got to get rid of them. But this doesn't seem to be coated. I've used metal utensils in it before, even scratched it once and it just has a small gouge in the metal, but it retains its non-stick properties. It's got very even heating, oven proof, very little transfer of heat to the handle.

Mostly it's the non-stick without being coated that I love so much. It's so easy to clean, and I can even burn the crap out of it with very little discoloration of the metal or having the food stick. It's absolutely fabulous for making caramel.

Ideas for alternatives or other thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks to all for your help.

--chriscrutch
Old 11-13-2007, 07:11 AM   #10
Executive Chef

You could ask the management of the department store for assistance. Or take the pot into the store and ask in the cookware dept. You might find someone has worked there long enough to remember the stock.