Question about Revere Ware cookware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gadzooks

Sous Chef
Paul Revere cookware. I am familiar with the standard copper-bottom stuff, and with Paul Revere Limited Edition all-copper-clad, with brass handles. What I have come across is Paul Revere none of the above. It is heavy stainless inside and heavy polished stainless outside, with a layer of copper sandwiched in between...not just bottom, but the whole pan. Riveted brass handles that shine up nicely, similar to the ones on Limited Edition but slightly broader and flatter. Concave rather than convex on the handle underside. The bottoms of the pans is marked 1801 with a profile of, I suppose, Mr. Revere. Beneath is a "Paul Revere" signature, and below that is either "83" or "84" and "U.S.A". I previously had one piece of this, and it cooks very nicely, as well as cleans up easily, but this is a 14-piece set. 3 saucepans w/lids, 2 3qt. casseroles w/lids, 2 shallow sautes, a large oval fry pan and a large oval au gratin. Does this stuff have a name, series, edition, etc? I'm guessing the lower numbers on the bottoms are year of manufacture. Thank you, by the way, for your lovely forum. I can see I have a lot to learn about cooking.:chef:

Hey, never mind...I found out what it is...a later year option in Revere Limited Edition. I was going to sell it, but the saute is so nice, I'm gonna keep it all and dump my All-Clad. Thanks!

glad you found an answer even it wasn't from here! I have Revereware sauce pans and skillets and stockpots. Mine have aluminum disc on the bottom and SS inside. I really like them and use them often. Enjoy yours!

Back
Top Bottom