"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 12-12-2009, 04:53 PM   #11
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jet View Post
It may be cheaply constructed, but I would not call it inexpensive.
Depends again on the product line. You have Calphalon Unison Nonstick, Calphalon One Infused Aodized, Calphalon Contemporary Nonstick, Calphalon Contemporary Stainless, Calphalon CS nonstick, Everyday Nonstick, Tri-Ply Copper, Tri-Ply Stainless, Simply Calphalon Nonstick, Simply Calphalon Stainless, Simply Calphalon Enamel, Kitchen Essentials Aspire, Kitchen Essentials Pro, Kitchen Essentials Hard Anodized, Cooking With Calphalon Hard Anodized Nonstick, Cooking With Calphalon Stainless, and Cooking With Calphalon Enamel.

All use differing construction and have very different prices. That's why there are so many questions here about choosing cookware... the choices are mind boggling, even from just one manufacturer.

Old 12-12-2009, 05:11 PM   #12
Sous Chef

My point was that the skillet may be cheaply made, but the price was not cheap.

Old 12-12-2009, 06:05 PM   #13
Executive Chef

Site Moderator

I have a set of fully clad Kenmore Elite cookware from Sears, I couldn't afford allclad, so I gave this stuff a shot when it went to 1/2 price ($99 for the set including the best mix of pieces that I have seen in a set, 4 pans with lids and I use them all) I wish I had bought 2 sets, because they discontinued them shortly after. These are the best pans that I have ever used, top notch!

I have also heard good things about the Tri-ply clad Tramontina from Walmart (yes walmart carrys clad cookware!) Walmart.com: Tramontina 8-Piece 18/10 Stainless Steel TriPly-Clad Cookware Set: Kitchen & Dining

Also have a friend that really like the JCPenny set. JCPenney : cooks 13-pc. Tri-ply Cookware Set