Review of Analon Cookware needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chief Longwind Of The North

Certified/Certifiable
I need a review of Analon Cookware. My oldest son is getting married on Nov. 11th. He and his wife-to-be have placed wedding registres On Macy's and Bed, Bath, & Beyond stores for Analon cookware, among other things.

I've never tried this cookware, and know no one who has it. I don't want them getting something cheap, that is prone to the usual disadvantages of non-stick cookware. I pesonally swear by cast-iron and stainless steel.

Ease a father's conscern. But then again, this young man can be quite mule-headed. Even if I were to try and advise him, he probably wouldn't listen to me. He always has to learn things for himself, though he's an exceptional young man in so many other ways.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

I have had an Analon 6qt. "Dutch Oven" for a couple of years. It's hard anodized, non-stick inside and out, and gets used a lot for cooking potatoes, rice or pasta. Also for deep frying.
I paid about $30.00 at a Ross store, and I've really been surprised at how good it is.

From what I've read, hard anodized stuff is NOT dishwasher safe (manufacturer's recommendation). In addition, damage to the non-stick and anodized surface exposes food to raw aluminium. I've heard the newer stuff is not as durable as the original stuff.

GW, you already know the pros ad cons of traditional non-stick.

Andy; yeah I know. That's why I don't have any non-stick in my house. But I was hoping that Analon might be different. I'll jsut have to forwarn Troy and his soon-to-be wife not to cook over high temps with his pans, if he gets any.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom