"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 04-17-2015, 04:50 PM   #31
Chef Extraordinaire

Send a message via Skype™ to taxlady
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addie View Post
Uh oh!
Yes, uh oh! I'm having a hard time not saying something very rude.

Old 04-17-2015, 05:32 PM   #32
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxlady View Post
Yes, uh oh! I'm having a hard time not saying something very rude.
I hope I didn't inadvertently offend anyone. I thought it is a ridiculous enough statement that the intended humor wouldn't be missed.

Old 04-17-2015, 06:43 PM   #33
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenspeed View Post
I hope I didn't inadvertently offend anyone. I thought it is a ridiculous enough statement that the intended humor wouldn't be missed.
Thank you for clarifying. I don't know you well enough to know that was intended as humour. In that case, no offence taken.

There is currently an ugly backlash to feminism, think gamergate, and I'm a little more sensitive right now. I've been called a man hater because I don't think that women should be groped on public transportation. Yes, I know that it's not all men. I even know it's not the majority of men.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:45 PM   #34
Sous Chef

Quote:
Thank you for clarifying. I don't know you well enough to know that was intended as humour. In that case, no offence taken.

There is currently an ugly backlash to feminism, think gamergate, and I'm a little more sensitive right now. I've been called a man hater because I don't think that women should be groped on public transportation. Yes, I know that it's not all men. I even know it's not the majority of men.
Whew! Addie jumped to the conclusion that I am a female, and I thought that an Archie Bunker response would be amusing. I'm well aware that us males are in a minority here, and this is a very friendly forum. Again, apologies to anyone I might have offended. I really don't want to be the forum jerk.
Old 04-17-2015, 07:50 PM   #35
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Whew! Addie jumped to the conclusion that I am a female, and I thought that an Archie Bunker response would be amusing. I'm well aware that us males are in a minority here, and this is a very friendly forum. Again, apologies to anyone I might have offended. I really don't want to be the forum jerk.
I was surprised that Addie thought you were female. I had guessed male. I try to check a person's profile before writing he or she.
Old 04-17-2015, 08:29 PM   #36
Executive Chef

Quote:
I've been called a man hater because I don't think that women should be groped on public transportation.
Why not? How else do you expect to get men to ride on public transportation?
Old 04-17-2015, 09:02 PM   #37
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
She??? Cooking is far too important of a job to leave to a woman! All of my wife's friends agree with me, and they wish their husbands shared my opinion.
Not in MY house...
Old 04-17-2015, 09:04 PM   #38
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
Not in MY house...
And not in my home either. And I was married to a professional chef.
Old 04-17-2015, 11:22 PM   #39
Master Chef

Quote:
She??? Cooking is far too important of a job to leave to a woman!...
In some homes (like mine), if the woman wants to eat, the woman has to cook. Himself can muddle around in the kitchen just fine, and didn't lose any weight when I would be gone for weeks restoring my parents' out-of-state home before putting it up for sale, but now he restricts his cooking to "the grill".

Rest assured, too, that you are not an endangered species here as a male cook. Many of the members are both men and accomplished home chefs. Now could all you guys please gang up on Himself and convince him of the joys of joining the club?
Old 04-18-2015, 07:02 AM   #40
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooking Goddess View Post
In some homes (like mine), if the woman wants to eat, the woman has to cook. Himself can muddle around in the kitchen just fine, and didn't lose any weight when I would be gone for weeks restoring my parents' out-of-state home before putting it up for sale, but now he restricts his cooking to "the grill".

Rest assured, too, that you are not an endangered species here as a male cook. Many of the members are both men and accomplished home chefs. Now could all you guys please gang up on Himself and convince him of the joys of joining the club?
In many households, especially where both work, meal preparation is viewed as a chore. The reason why my wife's friends, mostly working teachers, laugh and agree with my seemingly sexist comment is that they would welcome their husbands assuming more household duties. I also think that in most households duties are divided, rather than shared. We divide duties mostly along traditional lines, except that I also do food and windows. I don't know any couple where both cook, except where the guys do the grilling.