Scanpan 12.75" Skillet, CTX Series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CraigC

Master Chef
We just replaced an old non-stick with this pan. I know it is after the fact, but any feed back?

I'm not up on the latest Scanpans, but be careful not to overdo the heat. Despite my being careful not to use too high a heat, a few degrees too high caused my Scanpan to lose all non-stick qualities. Nothing I did to try and save it helped, I tossed it. Scanpan has some kind of replacement warranty I could have followed up on. I didn't.

Gee, now you're probably all bummed. I must have left the burner on high heat for too long. I'm saying these pans are temperamental with regards to heat (kind of pricey too).

Last edited:
Thanks! Not bummed as this is a new non-stick surface and I have already seen the high heat warnings. Yeah, I guess $299.00 is a little on the pricy side. I'm willing to pay for quality as I have been through the cheap phase!:(

You paid $300 for a nonstick skillet?

Like I said, I'm willing to pay for quality. The quality was confirmed today when I went back to Sur La Table to buy something else. A yachts chef was there buying large quatities of Scanpan products.;)

Twelve years ago I bought a set of three non-stick skillets (8", 10", 12") for $20. The pans were thick enameled aluminum. I still have them and use them regularly.

With all due respect, that seems way too much for a nonstick skillet.

I'm not a penny pincher about cookware, i totally agree about quality, but I use All Clad nonstick ( 3 of them) that cost between $15 and $100

I was hoping to get feedback on performance/function, not a discussion on price.

Thanks anyway.

I evaluated the Scanpan CSX line when I was going through the process of replacing my cookware. I ended up with a Mauviel set

I took them out of the running for two reasons:

• Even though they are 5 ply, the pan walls are thinner than their competitors. This suggests that the bottoms are 5 ply but the walls might not be.
  • I wanted the durability of all steel lids and Scanpan has part glass.

Thanks .40. The reasons we chose the CTX series were the ability to sear in it, it is oven safe to 500 F and you can use metal utensils without damaging the non-stick surface. Having a lifetime warranty isn't too shabby either. We have other cookware with part glass lids, so I'm not opposed to them.

I just posted about non-stick pans and suggested Scan Pan CTX

THEY ARE INSANELY GOOD

You will love it. Lifetime warranty - - steel tools will not hurt the surface.

My little pan 8" fry gets used about 3x per day. My saute about 3-4x per week.

I have seared steaks in them (lifetime warranty - and purchased from Sur La Table so they will back it up and exchange it if it went wrong) Man those are great pans! I have many many pots & pans -- Mauvier 3mm copper, All Clad, Staub, Le Creuset, De Beyer, and others

They are all fun to cook in but for every day weeknight - - get it on the table - - Scan Pan cannot be beat

Oh, BTW dishwasher safe and induction friendly as well!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom