Seasoning a Pizza Stone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The stone will always take on a darker appearance on the edges versus where the food has been.
Again, I have to disagree. My stone is the exact opposite. Mine gets darker where the food had been and the edges stay close to the original color.

Again, I have to disagree. My stone is the exact opposite. Mine gets darker where the food had been and the edges stay close to the original color.

That is what mine is doing. I have never done anything on it except pizzas, and the dark part is in a circle that looks an awful lot like where I put the pizzas, LOL!

I would not worry about that darkening Mav. Just use a scraper or something to get off any of the food you can and get a nice smooth surface. It will work just fine.

I think that is all I am going to do for now. We cooked pizzas on it last week and really liked the way the crust turned out so I figure why mess with a good thing LOL.

I love my stone. I cook anything on it that would go on a cookie sheet and you should definately never use soap on it. The first stone I got came from Pampered Chef and it was my favorite. I had it for a couple of years when I set it on top of the stove and accidently turned the burner on underneath it instead of pre-heating my oven. I heard a huge explosion and ran to the kitchen to find my stone blown to smitherines and spread out all over the kitchen. I almost cried. We use it pretty much every day to cook something.

Back
Top Bottom