Self Stirring Pot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would only use it for broth type cooking. It's still cool. Check the link Hoot supplied for what the pot was created for. Very nice layman's explanation.

As for the magnets (Magnetic stirrer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia) I'm not sure they would be able to stir split pea soup, either.
That's the thing!

From Wikipedia, "On the other hand, the limited size of the bar means that magnetic stirrers can only be used for relatively small (under 4 liters) experiments. They also have difficulty dealing with viscous liquids or thick suspensions."

So, pea soup is probably out with this device too. It would probably just scrape the burnt bits off the bottom of the pot. :ermm::LOL:

Last edited:
Dad would drink coffee out of a beaker, he would pour it, add his sugar and then set it on the stirrer plate. I was always hoping he would be careful with which magnet he use for stirring...

I watched the video and noted that the colored beads used to show the stirring movement were only added after the water reached a full boil. It would have been nice if they had been added before or at simmer, to indicate whether or not the pot works at lower than a rolling boil.

I watched the video and noted that the colored beads used to show the stirring movement were only added after the water reached a full boil. It would have been nice if they had been added before or at simmer, to indicate whether or not the pot works at lower than a rolling boil.
Um, could you define simmer? ;) ;) ;)

Back
Top Bottom