Silicone molds

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vegton

Assistant Cook
Are silicone molds good to bake with or are metal ones better? I want to get into making cute cakes for my daughter and I'm not sure which ones to get.

TIA!

i have various pans and like them for different things. I find chcolate hard to wash out of silicone and prefer to use cupcake liners if I use them for that.

I have silicone madeleine pans and they're okay, but I feel a little more confident with metal. I haven't tried using silicone for other purposes. I think I just feel more comfortable with something a little more rigid.

I too have not had success with silicone for baking and have heard many others say the same. I tried cupcake "pans" and the cake stuck so badly we had to eat them with a spoon!

I have heard that the instructions for the silicone pans say to let the cake cool before you remove them from the pan. If you don't and try to take them out while they are still warm they will stick badly.

Are silicone molds good to bake with or are metal ones better? I want to get into making cute cakes for my daughter and I'm not sure which ones to get.

TIA!
for muffins etc they are great!! They also work very well for casseroles. Simple to clean, nothing sticks. you do need to let stuff cool before trying to remove.

As to fancy molds.. I have no idea, but I know chocolate makers like them--at least on TV.

i thought the product was good baked in them . i got cupcake ones that are not a pan, just seperate little cups. getting them out was ok but the clean up was very time consuming. stuff is in the little grooves. even soaking did not make it easier. probably won't use again. they were a gift.

Back
Top Bottom