Simple metal tea pot with the flip lid.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

larry_stewart

Master Chef
does anyone know where i can get one of those simple, metal tea pots, that they use at the chines restaurants ( at least around here) when they bring the tea to your table and just leave it there.

Im not looking for anything fancy at all. My guess is these things are less than $20. I just like them and they are convenient, and Id like to have one. Just havent come across the simple ones yet, only the fancy metal or ceramic ones.

thanks

larry

Larry, you're gonna love these. I have several in different sizes and I use them for other things - not just tea or coffee. The smaller, individual ones I often serve sauces in. The ones I have are insulated and they work well for hot or cold sauces. That's why I prefer the style that doesn't have a long spout - just the little pouring lip. Makes it easier to clean no matter what you serve from them.

Fisher's mom is right!

I like to use a larger one to hold strained cooking oil or bacon grease.

Easy to pour out exactly what I need.

Go for one with a fair degree of heft. It helps a lot with the tea if them pot can retain heat, rather than radiating it all away quickly. I've got an Alexanderwerk cast iron tea pot, but that is an inheritance.

well, i just got my tea pot and im excited.
Now I just have to find those little simple ceramic tea cups they use in the chinese restaurants. I found a few online, but since it is from a restaurant supply place, they only sell them by the 3 dozen. So i need to find a site that will sell only a couple.

Larry, try asking you local Chinese restaurant (the one where they know you) if they would sell you a couple of cups. They order those regularly as people steal them all the time so they might just have no problem selling you a few or ever giving you a few since you are a good and honest customer.

Larry... not sure how far out on "The Island" you are (my people are at exit 68!) but if you get into Manhattan check out Pearl River on Broadway this place is cool and has lots of Asian kitchen stuff Pearl River

You may want to check out downtown Flushing Queens Main St too. Cant give you specifics but that place is like Asian Food Heaven... fun to explore and I am sure they have some sort of restaurant supply or cookware stores.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom