Small grill pan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Why not Cast iron?

Mostly because of the weight, although I might end up getting the Lodge 8" pan because I haven't found a lighter weight 8" pan that's good for grilling. I spoke with a salesperson at Sur La Table, and she said that the Lodge pans were easy to clean. I guess I'll have to try one and see. I tried to pan fry a thin piece of beef in my Simply Calphalon pan tonight, but it splattered like crazy and the meat didn't stay flat.
That particular pan is good only for medium to low heat.

Mostly because of the weight, although I might end up getting the Lodge 8" pan because I haven't found a lighter weight 8" pan that's good for grilling. I spoke with a salesperson at Sur La Table, and she said that the Lodge pans were easy to clean. I guess I'll have to try one and see. I tried to pan fry a thin piece of beef in my Simply Calphalon pan tonight, but it splattered like crazy and the meat didn't stay flat.
That particular pan is good only for medium to low heat.

Cast iron grill pans are hard to clean in the grooves. The type of pan will not change whether or not food spatters or whether it stays flat.

Cast iron grill pans are hard to clean in the grooves. The type of pan will not change whether or not food spatters or whether it stays flat.

I'm thinking of getting the regular Lodge fry pan, not the grill pan. I don't think it has grooves.

That's fine. You've decided that a small size is more important than weight. A CI pan has the added benefit of being cheap. I recommend you get the Lodge Logic which is pre-seasoned.

They can be a bit tricky getting used to setting the burner heat, especially the thicker ones. It will become hotter than you want and not cool down as quickly as you would like until you get used to it.

That shouldn't take long and once you do you'll love them.

I hope so! People on the forum seem to like them a lot, especially for cooking meat. I'm willing to give it a try and post questions if I run into trouble!

Back
Top Bottom