Small grill pan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchengoddess8

Sous Chef
Does anyone know of a good small grill pan that isn't cast iron? I want to start incorporating more beef into my diet, and all I have is a large Calphalon grill pan that I don't want to use if I'm making a small steak.

Harry Cobean gets great results from his grill pan, but I don't know what it's made of... it looks to have a non-stick surface though. That usually indicates aluminum. When he gets back maybe he'll chime in. If you are in England or Europe you should be able to pick one up.

Harry Cobean gets great results from his grill pan, but I don't know what it's made of... it looks to have a non-stick surface though. That usually indicates aluminum. When he gets back maybe he'll chime in. If you are in England or Europe you should be able to pick one up.

Darn, I'm in the U.S. I'd love to find something sold here!

Darn, I'm in the U.S. I'd love to find something sold here!

Well it wouldn't surprise me to hear he got it over here :LOL:
He's got some pretty unique, varied cookware. To me anyway. I wouldn't hold it past him for him to say he picked it up at Kmart last time he visited the US :LOL:

I have one of those. I use it, but I hate it. It's big, heavy, a pain in the butt to do anything with immediately after cooking, or to put in the sink because it sticks up so high, or even to store. It seems I'm always moving it to get at something else. It's just awkward. Had I known then what I know now I would have bought two smaller pans.

Why not Cast Iron?

I know it's heavy but since it's a small pan it shouldn't be too bad.

I love cast for high temp cooking. And it's easy to care for.

I have one of those. I use it, but I hate it. It's big, heavy, a pain in the butt to do anything with immediately after cooking, or to put in the sink because it sticks up so high, or even to store. It seems I'm always moving it to get at something else. It's just awkward.

I agree. My wife hates it when I leave it on the stovetop after cleaning, and off to work I go.... :LOL:... It is somewhat of a beast to handle.

I'm still going to get myself a small gas fired griddle one of these days and be done with the two burner griddle pan. I never use the grill bars side anyway. Well, once. For Pioneer Woman's Marlboro Man sandwich.

I have one of those. I use it, but I hate it. It's big, heavy, a pain in the butt to do anything with immediately after cooking, or to put in the sink because it sticks up so high, or even to store. It seems I'm always moving it to get at something else. It's just awkward. Had I known then what I know now I would have bought two smaller pans.

Couldn't agree with you more on that Pac.
Storage isn't a problem for mine. I slide it in under the cupboard with the other pots and pans. I'll chime in with 3 problems I've had.

My stove top no matter how it's placed on the burners it won't heat evenly.
Our stove top only has 2 burners that are the same size.Opposite corners. So that makes it cook unevenly.Actually it doesn't fit or work that way.:ohmy:Grease spatters everywhere.You have to be around to watch it closely.Constantly adjusting the burners. Smokes no matter how or what you do.

The other problem is afterwards my spotless stove top to begin with is extremely hard to clean the grease off of.It looks like it hasn't seen a good scrub in years.

It's ok for outdoor.I've since bought 2-10" Loge pans and have been extremely happy with them both. I didn't buy the lids for them. A foil tent does the job well for the splattering.The pans were cheaper at the time then the lids were that are sold separately. Those are used almost everyday. Haven't had any problems with them concerning sticking, splatter, smoke, or cleaning up.The handles are very comfortable to work with while cooking, they're a little longer, curved in just the right place. Plus you have a smaller side handle that's perfect for picking up and moving the pan to another burner.Cleaning is a breeze. Nothing has yet to stick to them.

Try making a panini on one. Gooooood stuff!

Munky's happy. :D

Back
Top Bottom