"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware
Old 01-19-2016, 10:16 PM   #21
Sous Chef
Hey! I'm only about half an hour away from Tacoma.

Yeah, my mom would clean her house so well you could eat off the floors. Spring and fall house cleaning. When I was living on my own, I used to come home from work every Friday night and go through the house, dusting, cleaning, vacuuming, and then go out and do laundry. I was training my dogs and going to dog shows and working in SAR and I'd also go to air shows and miniature shows, so I was never home weekends to clean. During the week after work I was going to college or doing homework. I don't know where I got the energy.

Now it's just me and one room and a kitchenette and I can count on one hand the number of people who have stopped over in the last year. So while things aren't filthy, they're certainly below my mother's standards. The only place that gets cleaned throughly and regularly is the kitchenette and occasionally I still take my fake tree outside and hose it down when it gets dusty enough for me.

I'm having too much fun on my computer and building the dollhouses to worry about a little dust these days.

rodentraiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2016, 10:36 PM   #22
Master Chef
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
...So while things aren't filthy, they're certainly below my mother's standards...
My Mom's philosophy about housework was that our house was "clean enough to be healthy, but dirty enough to be happy". My kitchen is pretty spotless, my bathrooms don't have monsters in the toilets, but the rest of the house (especially upstairs) definitely has enough dust to make the Queen's gloves dirty. Good think Her Highness isn't coming over anytime soon...

... nothing is given. Everything is earned. You work for what you have... ~~~ LeBron James
Cooking Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote

cook, cookware, copper