Soup bowls with lids??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

YetAnotherUser

Assistant Cook
Am I crazy to think someone out there is making a set of modern looking ceramic soup bowls that include microwave safe plastic lids?? It just seems like such a waste to have separate sets of dinnerware and tupperware bowls. Plus, the tops are a quick-n-easy cover to keep the microwave clean.

Somehow I can't figure out the right search terms to extract such a product from google... (grumble)

Welcome to DC.

I recently purchased these bowls from Amazon. While I might call them "modern-looking," I don't think I would classify them as "attractive." That being said, I was searching for microwavable with lids, and something that would not burn my fingers off when I wanted to eat soup while watching TV. It's awesome in those regards. :) The bowls are ceramic and rather generic-looking. The lids fit well and are vented, and they are microwavable. Then the bowls nest in a blue, plastic outer-cover that will protect your fingers from the ceramic bowl.

Last edited:
Those are super cute. I wonder how the chalkboard part "holds up."

I'm very happy with the bowls that I bought but, like I said, I was looking for something to use while slucking soup/stew in front of the TV. :) The bowls themselves are not horrid on their own without the blue plastic bowl that insulates. They are rather bland though.

Last edited:
I set my soup bowl on a paper plate, in case it boils over, and cover it with another paper plate to avoid spatter. Works great. Although, I notice one of my dishes gets hot to the touch when I remove from the Microwave, so I try to remember to use bowls from a different set.

I set my soup bowl on a paper plate, in case it boils over, and cover it with another paper plate to avoid spatter. Works great. Although, I notice one of my dishes gets hot to the touch when I remove from the Microwave, so I try to remember to use bowls from a different set.

That's what I did for ages! It does work. However, I cracked most of my soup bowls over the years and tried to find something better when I needed to find something new. I am attempting to drive Frank crazy with being more "green." So, after recycling the chipped and broken bowls, I found these microwave-safe bowl set with lid. :LOL: Plus, they are so safe on the fingers and have a little thumb-holder for when sipping soup on the sofa. :cool:

Back
Top Bottom