Spots/marks on tin lining of Baumalu pot

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Golden Leica

Assistant Cook
My husband uses his Baumalu pot ever day and is fanatic about cleaning it with copper polish. However, he can't figure out what to do about marks on the tin lining. There are some small dots that I believe are due to minerals in water -- and there is a ring around the inside of the pot at the water level (he heats water in it every day to cook his breakfast -- he loves copper because it heats so quickly).

Does anyone know how to get rid of the rings and spots?

Thanks in advance.

Tin will discolor with use. Eventually it will be quite gray. It's cooking ability is not impaired, and it is "clean". Scouring it will take it off and require retinning the pot long before it should need it otherwise. Simply soak and wash with mild detergent and a dish cloth.

Like Robo says, tin will turn almost black with use. I cook almost exclusively with CI and copper, and have found that either wiping the pan as soon as possible after using, or soaking makes cleanup easier. Boiling water should not cause mineral stains unless your water is very hard. You might want to look into a Brita or similar A couple of sites recommend soaking with white vinegar. This should neutralize the minerals. I have a couple of saucepans that are used daily for boiling coffee water. I just wipe them out and hang them up.

Back
Top Bottom