SS- how do you deglaze?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
You'll probably find that I started quite a few posts trying to learn something everybody else knew... :ermm:
:LOL:
This one one of the many, many, many things I've learned in the 9 mos. I've been here. And it's still one of my favorite little skills because now I make sauces all the time!

Pacanis, no point in leaving the pan to cool. If it's a good pan, the heat in the base will be enough to carry on cooking the thin film left in the bottom of the pan, giving you a nearly burnt-on crust to have to clean off.

I'm with Ella. Leave the pan to soak as soon as you've finished cooking and then use ordinary washing-up liquid, hot water and the soft spongy side of the pan scrubber.

If the pan has an encapsulated disc bottom you shouldn't wash it til it cools- the two metals will cool at a different rate, potentially warping the pan. If that happens the disc can separate from the pan ruining it.

Or so the mfg'ers claim.

If the pan has an encapsulated disc bottom you shouldn't wash it til it cools- the two metals will cool at a different rate, potentially warping the pan. If that happens the disc can separate from the pan ruining it.

Or so the mfg'ers claim.
This is absolutely true, Rob! Ask me how I know.....:glare:

Back
Top Bottom