Stains on stainless steel frying pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It's possible that it wasn't selling as well as they'd have liked because it is pricy, but it does such a good job. Or maybe it contains really toxic ingredients. If I die from it, at least the people who come in to clean out my house won't talk about me having dirty pans. LOL

I've been trying everything to get these pans cleaned up. I didn't try ammonia as someone mentioned but that's because I really cannot stand smelling it. It would be a last resort.

I might even try this stuff on some spill-overs in my oven. It doesn't seem to have the strong smell that oven cleaner has.

I guess I posted my question in the wrong thread, because it's not stains I'm worried about, but burned on grease on the outside of the pans. Doesn't hurt the cooking, but I would like the burned on grease to come off, at least most of it.

My bottle of Dawn Power Dissolver and can of BKF came today from Amazon, so I will be working on the pans in the next several days, and will report back.

One time DH and I were watching some type of cooking show and in the background you could see pots and pans hanging from the ceiling and they had black burned on grease on the outside. Maybe these burned pots and pans make me a "chef." LOL

Andy,
I checked online on Ace Hardware and also Home Depot and neither of these sites showed Dawn Power Dissolver available. I didn't actually look in the stores for it. I did see a lot of online comments from people complaining that they could no longer find this product in stores, and that could vary in different parts of the country. Since so many people were looking for it I figured it must be a good product.

I will go with Easy Off before I would pay that price for a Dawn product to clean an item I don't really care whether it is clean where I don't even cook. :angel:

Apparently there was a residue of the forming lubricant that was not removed by the initial washing. Get Bon Ami (much better than BarKeepers and much cheaper), clean cloth pads and a bit of elbow grease, scrub till shiny. If you have a drill and buffer pads use them and save the elbow grease for something else.

Back
Top Bottom