Starter Cookware

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

superflychris

Assistant Cook
Good morning all,

My girlfriend has just bought a house and as a housewarming present I have bought her this 8 piece Le Creuset set:

Le Creuset 8 Piece Tri-Ply Stainless Steel Cookware Set

So I know very little about cooking but I have noticed that only one of these pans has a non-stick coating... would she be better suited to something else to get her started? Is this more suited to someone who already has a basic collection of cookware?

Thanks for any help, I really am clueless.

Chris.

Welcome to DC! This is a very nice set, and I think it's perfect for a starter. Ya done good!

Welcome to DC :) That's a very nice starter set. The non-stick pan will be great for eggs and crepes; I don't use mine for much else. I'm sure she'll love it.

Thanks guys!

Phew, thanks guys! I'm fairly in the dark when it comes to cooking anything other than bacon and steak so I may become a frequent visitor. Really appreciate the help and the welcome!

I have exactly one pan with non-stick finish (acknowledging, of course, that ALL pans are non-stick when used properly). It's very like the one coated pan in the set, and I too use it for omelets, because I might be half asleep, and I don't want to worry about temperature being off a bit.

Many good cooks work with little more than this, perhaps adding a larger saute pan.

Back
Top Bottom