Staub Dutch Oven Sale

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My LeCrueset has a cream colored interior that has discolored over the years.

This seems pretty normal. Both my "good" 9 quart and my cheapo 6 quart are discolored. I actually prefer the lighter color because it helps me know that I've gotten it as clean as I possibly can.

Cooks Illustrated suggests using pots and pans with light-colored interiors because it's easier to see how browning is coming along and adjust before something scorches.

Cooks Illustrated suggests using pots and pans with light-colored interiors because it's easier to see how browning is coming along and adjust before something scorches.

I agree. I always make roux in a light-colored pan.

I keep an eye out at our Canadian Tire Stores for KitchenAid enameled cast iron pots. What might cost 2 or 300$$ for Crueset or Staub I've gotten 2 oval Dutch Ovens for 45$ or less - marked down from 120+. Canadian Tire can be expensive but if you watch, WOW when they have a sale it can often be 50% or more off.

They have white interiors but if you use those blue & white "Mr. Clean" scrubbies they will take out most of the stains, not all but most. Just remember try and not to use metal in them to make your scrubbing easier(although it does take out those marks too).

I also purchased a Remy Olivier cast iron grill pan (enameled on the outside) with a grill lid for stove top grilling, from Stokes (also same store as ThinkKitchen - lots of gadgets :angel:). Got it on sale, of course, (not as good a sale as Cdn Tire but still) then exchanged it as the cast iron was really very rough. Turns out the second one was rough as well and by this time I didn't feel like going back again so kept it.
I thought with time it would smooth out - stupid me ... the thing is cast iron - where was my brain! So I stopped using it for a while. No more kabobs during the winter!

But I have solved the cleaning problem - I use the wire brush from my BBQ. Works perfect!!! and I bet with time and use - that wire brush will smooth it out.:D hopefully by the time my great-grandchildren inherit it. :ROFLMAO:

Dang... why didn't I see this until now? :(

A 4 quart pot is a good size. My Le Creuset dutch oven is 7.25 and is huge. It's a lot of pot for one, or even two people.

Last edited:
Finally figured out the photo stuff!! woo hoo she ain't dead yet!!

so here are my KitchenAid Dutch Ovens...

52144-albums1053-picture6612.jpg
[/IMG]

52144-albums1053-picture6611.jpg

and the Remy Olivier Grill pan - the heavy lid also has the grill grooves -

52144-albums1053-picture6613.jpg

Dang... why didn't I see this until now? :(

A 4 quart pot is a good size. My Le Creuset dutch oven is 7.25 and is huge. It's a lot of pot for one, or even two people.

Which is why I now have two. Got the larger one first... then the second one when it came on sale as I realized it better suited my needs.

But now I'm wanting a braiser, wider and shallower. I don't need one, I just want one..:angel: They actually are perfect for making risotto.

...But now I'm wanting a braiser, wider and shallower. I don't need one, I just want one..:angel: They actually are perfect for making risotto.
I hear ya, dragnlaw! Sometimes I look around my kitchen and wonder when I'm opening up my kitchenware store, then I realize it's all just mine! :ohmy:

I did buy one of those Staub's when Andy first posted the thread. I have a Le Creuset and a Lodge, so how much more different could the Staub be from the Le Creuset? (The Lodge is their Chinese version and NOT the same quality, although functional.) Oh My! Had I met Staub before I had my Le Creuset, I probably would have several by now. To me, they just look and feel so much nicer. Not. Going. To. Buy. More. ~~~ Must. Resist.

Yeah, I saw that when I first signed on tonight and was going to report it. Then it just disappeared like magic! Thank you. :angel:

I had clicked on the link and I also clicked on the "translate" to english - which it did amazingly well and fast. It was just a regular catalog for plastic storage containers - I thought it a little strange for a thread talking about DO's. But still didn't know what language it was. :LOL:

Not. Going. To. Buy. More. ~~~ Must. Resist.

CG, I need to make that my Mantra!

Going for lunch with Taxlady today - and then to the Asian market nearby... and I just know I will be coming home with more gadgets that I will convince myself I can't cook without. Not to mention more food than a single person can possibly eat.

Back
Top Bottom