"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 10-19-2004, 11:16 AM   #11
Chef Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael in FtW
I think outdoor cooking was invented before indoors was invented ...

Trust me pst - if I had a place to cook outdoors I would. I've even been know to smoke briskett and turkeys when it was 18-degrees and 14-inches of snow on the ground when I lived in Colorado!

I live in a 2nd floor apartment (no balcony) and the fire dept. passed a new ordinance for apt. dwellers 4-5 years ago ... no outdoor grills within 10-ft of any overhanging structure or foliage - cooking or storage. That means the only place I can cook, or store a grill, outdoors is in the middle of the driveway or parking lot! Needless to say - I gave my smoker to my son who has a house.

I have to be stealth. If I want to grill - I have to do it on a Hibatchi in the fireplace. If I want to smoke something ... I have to use a stovetop smoker.
howdy cowboy mike,
i used to have an apartment with a balcony that had the same fire laws, but i checked it out and there was nothing about electric grills, like that giant george forman thing. most town ordinances only preclude open fire and/or charcoal grills. they're not quite the same thing, but at least you get to cook outdoors.

Meh nom eh noh...doot dooooo do do do.
buckytom is online now   Reply With Quote