Teflon and cancer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
There is no legitimate health reason to avoid using teflon coated cookware.

There are chemicals used in the manufacture of teflon that are possible carcinogens. Tests show that the chemical is not present in the finished product. The potential danger is to factory workers.

Teflon coated pans can give off a gas if over heated. This gas will cause flu-like symptoms in humans but is not fatal. It is fatal for small birds such as parakeets. The temperature needed to cause such an outgassing are far in excess of what is involved in cooking with a pan. If you left an empty pan on a burner on high and forgot about it, you could eventually have a problem.

Teflon itself is chemically inert. If bits of teflon come off pan and are ingested with food, they pass harmlessly through your body.

If you avoid teflon products "just to be on the safe side" you're missing out on a useful tool unnecessarily.

+1 for what Andy said .. plus if you do ingest lil bits of some, there's no chance it'll stick inside you .. it's Teflon!:ROFLMAO::LOL:

For me, I'm still using teflon products also and is very helpful. If there will be enough evidence to prove that Teflon can cause cancer by using it. I would really stop using it. ;)

For me, I'm still using teflon products also and is very helpful. If there will be enough evidence to prove that Teflon can cause cancer by using it. I would really stop using it. ;)

If there was enough evidence to prove Teflon products caused cancer, they would be off the market.

Back
Top Bottom