Tell Me About This Frying Pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PianoAl

Cook
I got this frying pan for $2 at a garage sale. The brand is DOURO, and it's made it Korea -- what do you think?
CopperFrying1.jpgCopperFrying2.jpgCopperFrying3.jpg

I think it's lined with nickel.

Here's a listing of one like it.

My usual rehab procedures (metal polish, scrubbing with steel wool) haven't made it shiny yet...

Thanks,

Al

The ones I saw doing a search seemed to say it was copper lined with tin. There's one on Ebay like it for 30 bucks.
Nice piece.

Nice! Maybe try a baking soda/vinegar paste and leave it on overnight.

Looks like the pan will do the job, even if it isn't shiny bright. You got a good deal!

Last edited:
Shiny is nice, but you cook with the inside, not the outside. Be gentle with the inside, it is most likely tin, not nickel. No metal tools to cook. Wooden spatulas are nice to tin, no scratch or wear.

Well, I think I screwed up. I used some Dawn Power Dissolver to make the inside look cleaner, and now there are some spots where it seems that copper is shining through. Still usable??

I would think so. Unless you can see light through it.

Well, I think I screwed up. I used some Dawn Power Dissolver to make the inside look cleaner, and now there are some spots where it seems that copper is shining through. Still usable??

No. I don't think so.

I think it needs to get retinned now.

Right. Well, that's OK, because I don't want any cookware with which I can't use metal utensils or clean with a stainless steel scrubby.

I haven't tried it yet but I've heard that baking soda and peroxide made into a paste will remove iron spots and discolorations on metal pans.

Back
Top Bottom