"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 04-13-2013, 03:03 PM   #1
Sous Chef

Temptations Bakeware/online shopping spree.

I took the plunge and bought the Temptations bakeware today. (Thats what happens when you watch tv at 3am.) I fell in love with the old world green set. It reminded me of bakeware of a very similar color that I watched my grandfather cook with when I was little. I've read mixed reviews so I'm hoping for the best.

I also found a place online that sells replacement pieces online. I received a set of three of the Cornflower Blue baking dishes as a wedding present 28 years ago. One of the set had been lost. I replaced it and now will have a full set again. I love the retro look of this set. It looks like it ought to be from the fifties. The two I have still look like new and have lasted me so long I figure it's worth replacing the last piece.

Old 04-13-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

I was just looking at the reviews on QVC...not many people happy with it now. They say the quality has really suffered.

Old 04-13-2013, 04:10 PM   #3
Sous Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessFiona60 View Post
I was just looking at the reviews on QVC...not many people happy with it now. They say the quality has really suffered.
I went the the temptations website, I liked the pattern better. I figure all my stuff right now is cracked, chipped and mismatched. If nothing else I will have cracked, chipped bakeware that MATCHES.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:26 PM   #4
Head Chef

I've seen the presentation before. They are very pretty, & I was very tempted (to buy the black). I just don't have the space. Enjoy your new bakeware.
Old 04-13-2013, 04:48 PM   #5
Ogress Supreme

Site Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmyap View Post
I went the the temptations website, I liked the pattern better. I figure all my stuff right now is cracked, chipped and mismatched. If nothing else I will have cracked, chipped bakeware that MATCHES.
LOL! Yes, it does feel better to have a set. I have such an eclectic mix it looks like I live in a garage sale...