The Difference between Emerilware All-Clad SS and All-Clad?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CremeBruleeFan

Assistant Cook
I also have the Emerilware 10piece SS Set made by All-Clad. What's the difference between that and the regular All-Clad SS?

Regular all-clad is aluminum snadwiched between two pieces of stainless steel, all over. Emerilware just has a sandwiched disc on the bottom.

The Eware SS is a single ply SS pan with a thick disk on the bottom that is SS on the outside and aluminum on the inside for even heat distribution.

Regular All-Clad SS is a tri-ply Pan. There is a layer of aluminum sandwiched between two layers of SS. The tri-ply material is used throughout the entire pan (excluding the handle and lid), not just in a disk on the bottom.

The Disk bottom pans are less expensive but, if you have a gas stove and the flame extends beyond the edge of the disk to the single ply SS, the food in the pan can burn. This can happen with the smaller pans that have smaller disks.

The tri-ply pans will not have that problem but are more expensive.

There is also an anodized aluminum line of Emeril ware from All-Clad.

I got the Emerilware 10pc SS set brand new from a dept store that had it on clearance for $65. Should I just stick with that or is it worth it to get the real All-Clad?

I don't have any Emerilware, but numerous of his pieces have not rated especially well in 'Cooking Illustrated' comparisons.

i just received my Member's Mark Full Clad set and it is GREAT!!!!

i can't afford All Clad at this point, but i'll buy some one day in the future... maybe after i win the lottery. but for now, i can't see it being THAT much better than this MM set i got for $200.

black chef said:
i just received my Member's Mark Full Clad set and it is GREAT!!!!

i can't afford All Clad at this point, but i'll buy some one day in the future... maybe after i win the lottery. but for now, i can't see it being THAT much better than this MM set i got for $200.

I bought a similar set from Costco several years ago for $150 and I have no intention of replacng any of the pieces with their All-Clad equivalents because they are equal in performance to my All-Clad pieces.

A 10 piece set of Emerilware for $65 is a good deal.

It's not as good as real All Clad but for $65 you did very well. Assuming that the set includes piece you will actually use.

Back
Top Bottom