Using a Nutribullet to make nut butter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kitchengoddess8

Sous Chef
Has anyone here successfully made nut butter in a Nutribullet? I’d like to find an alternative to my 7 cup Cuisinart food processor for making small amounts of almond butter. I tried the Cuisinart 3 cup and ended up returning it because the plastic work bowl came loose when grinding certain kinds of nuts. I saw a couple of YouTube videos that recommended using a Nutribullet. Others said it overheated, possibly because they weren’t adding oil to the ground nuts to make the nut butter smoother. Would like to hear your experience if you have tried it.

I have an 11c kweez, and make pb in it all the time. I also have a Vitamix. Not as good. I have had a NutriBullet. Not as good. Champion juicer, not as good. The kweez seems to be the best option I've found so far. Put the nuts in to just cover the plastic top of the chopping blade, I add some Tajin, and run it until the oil breaks.

I have an 11c kweez, and make pb in it all the time. I also have a Vitamix. Not as good. I have had a NutriBullet. Not as good. Champion juicer, not as good. The kweez seems to be the best option I've found so far. Put the nuts in to just cover the plastic top of the chopping blade, I add some Tajin, and run it until the oil breaks.

How much peanut butter do you make at a time? I think my 7 cup is too big for one cup of nut butter. It’s also a pain to clean for making small batches at a time.

I make between a pint and a quart at a time, depending on how much nuts I have. I would think a 7c kweez would be fine for a cup to a pint. I use a rubber spatula to wipe all the butter out of the workbowl into a jar, as well as off the blade. Cleanup after that is about 5 minutes with hot soapy water. It helps if you have a flat workbowl lid to use instead of the feed chute top.

I think what would be best for you would be a now out of production but readily available on ebay Cuisinart Little Pro Plus 3 cup food processor. Great for what you want to do.

I think what would be best for you would be a now out of production but readily available on ebay Cuisinart Little Pro Plus 3 cup food processor. Great for what you want to do.

Thanks! I’m a little reluctant to get a used one. I wonder why they stopped making this model. Seems much sturdier than the Cuisinart Mini Prep.

Thanks! I’m a little reluctant to get a used one. I wonder why they stopped making this model. Seems much sturdier than the Cuisinart Mini Prep.
Are you sure they're all used? eBay has vendors who sell new products, too. There might be someone who bought up a lot of these when they discontinued it.

How much peanut butter do you make at a time? I think my 7 cup is too big for one cup of nut butter. It’s also a pain to clean for making small batches at a time.
If you don't need to use the feed tube, you can loosely cover the bowl with plastic wrap before you put the top on (avoiding covering the safety interlock), so all you need to clean is the bowl and blade. I picked up this tip from seriouseats or Bon Appetit (I think).

I think it didn't compete well with Cuisinart's other processors, notably the Classic DLC-10. I have an old Mini Pro Plus, and it is still working just fine. I also have an 11 cup Cuisinart, the one with all the accessories and extra discs. Old, bought used, same style, square body. It rocks.

If you don't need to use the feed tube, you can loosely cover the bowl with plastic wrap before you put the top on (avoiding covering the safety interlock), so all you need to clean is the bowl and blade. I picked up this tip from seriouseats or Bon Appetit (I think).

That’s a great tip!

I looked and didn’t find one that is new. I did, however, find this model on Amazon. Does anyone know how it compares in functionality to their DLC-2 Mini Prep?

Cuisinart DLC-1 Mini-Prep Food Processor, White https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00000JGRP/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_hrD5Cb315A5VR
I had that Mini-Prep for years and did like it. However, the only way to switch from chop to grind is by removing the (extremely sharp) blade from its post and flipping it over, then sliding it back onto the post. I feared slicing my finger each and every time I had to remove the blade. I might add that the only good way to make sure the post and blade are thoroughly clean after using is...to remove the blade. :ermm:

My Mini-Prep was on its last leg (you could smell hot motor each time I used it), so I recently replaced it with the DLC-2A Mini-Prep. The post and blade are one piece, so there is less chance of getting cut. Instead of reversing the blade manually, the motor now has a forward and back, using either the "chop" or "grind" button.

Back
Top Bottom