What do you love about your kitchen? Or...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Phil

Senior Cook
...if you could have it, what would it be?
I've remodeled several kitchens of ours. I have the machinery to do all cabinet work and such, but the one thing I have in this new, old house, is a 1950 Roper stove. It's fantastic. I used to think I would someday install a built in grill. But with the expensive energy today, the commercial exhaust fan would suck out way too much money. What I truly love though, is the room. We have plenty of it.

Last edited:
Wish you could remodel mine, Phil. :LOL: My kitchen is very small. Since, I don't have the big bucks to renovate, counter tops, etc - praying someday soon, something will come up on the market I can afford--so I can sell it, and get outta Dodge. Right now, I'm concentrating on redecorating - setting the stage, so to speak, for when I do put it up for sale.

Last edited:
Yuck! I don't like my kitchen at all really. But this is our first house we've owned and it was all we could afford. The dream is to buy a piece of land and build our own house.

Right now my kitchen is small, which I don't mind working in but it doesn't have much in the way of cabinet space. We have only one big burner on our stove, which doesn't work right now. The counters are tile, where flour and water like to make a paste in the grout that I just can't clean. Fridge & dishwasher are functional.

I'd love to have a big kitchen with enough cabinets that you didn't have anything stored on the counters. A WOLF oven with true convection and a gas stove. A big wooden kitchen island, where I could make dinner while the kids do their homework. I love the idea of a kitchen being such a warm and comfy place where everyone likes to simply hang out.

This will sound strange, but the radiator. Because it sticks out from the wall instead of flat against it part of the kitchen is almost useless.

Back
Top Bottom