What is the best griddle for pancakes, eggs, etc?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The benefit for me is that I have one griddle that serves a variety of purposes. I don't see the advantage of having a separate griddle just for pancakes/french toast.

The benefit for me is that I have one griddle that serves a variety of purposes. I don't see the advantage of having a separate griddle just for pancakes/french toast.

I understand the convenience of a multi-use pan, but Tom421 was implying that cast iron is superior in this application.

The Lodge Logic LPGI3 is a cast iron griddle.

We have found this product, in use, to be outstanding in every way. It fits perfectly over two burners of a new electric range and it works as well as, or better than, the griddles that used to be built into a few high-end electric ranges.

Last edited by a moderator:
This thread is obviously a few years old, but I'll chime in anyway.

About a year ago I bought a Presto "Cool Touch" Electric Griddle. I absolutely love it. I use to use a cast iron stovetop griddle, but it just didn't work very well. It had hot spot issues and was a bear to clean (I still occasionally use it on the outdoor grill, though). It's also heavy and put a chip in our old sink. :mad:

On a spur-of-the-moment whim, I bought the Presto. It's inexpensive at around $20, non-stick, and - best of all - goes right in the dishwasher. Yes, it's dishwasher safe. I figure, for twenty bucks, if I get 5 years use out of it, I'll have gotten my money's worth.

Presto 07047 Cool Touch Electric Griddle: Amazon.com: Kitchen & Dining

I have the presto that has folding legs on each side for easy storage, it works really well. I really like my presto flipside waffle maker too.

Back
Top Bottom