What is your favorite pan?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What is your favorite pan?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GotGarlic

Chef Extraordinaire
Mine is my All-Clad 3-quart saute pan - I reach for it first most of the time. I often use it for pan-frying as well as sauteeing, because the high sides keep more of the spatter inside the pan, and since it's larger than my largest skillet, I can usually fit in it comfortably the meat and/or sauce I'm making.

What's your favorite?

I like my sauce pan. Only because whatever I need to cook, can be done in it now. It's only me and dh now.

I think mine would be my wok.
Then my cast iron skillet.
Then my battered, 1 handle missing soup pot.

My most versatile pan would have to be this one
The one reccomended to me by a member here when I was looking for an atypical everyday pan. I could easily cook most anything in it. I love the high sides and flat bottom. And that it has a lid.

I have a no name large stainless steel skillet with a heavy bottom, straight sides and glass lid that very versitile. I reach for it more often than not.

Cuisinart MultiClad Pro saute pan

:chef: My favorite is my CUISINART MultiClad Pro 3.5 quart saute pan with lid. :chef:

My favorite is my 5 1/2 quart Cuisinart deep saute pan (with lid). It's the original Cuisinart cookware that was made in France, with the copper sandwich on the bottom. I love it because I can cook dinner for a crowd in one pan, and it always heats evenly, so it browns my meat better than any other pan I can remember. so evenly! It has a wide enough diameter to accommodate a whole cut-up chicken, or 4 gigundo pork chops without crowding. It goes into the oven, and straight to the table.

wouldn't like to live without it. :chef:

I voted frying pan/skillet. My cast iron get's far more use than any other pan. Then my DO.

I have no real favorite pan, but reach for the one that seems to fit the job at hand. The only one that gets used every day is my french press coffee pot, it that counts as a pan.

I have an 11-1/2" black steel fry pan that has been cured just like cast iron. Heats fast, evenly and is light enough for tossing and flipping. It is as non-stick as well-seasoned cast iron, but sooo much lighter. Even has a properly fitting lid.

I use my Calphalon Tri-ply 5 qt. saute pan the most. It holds a lot of food and it has a great glass lid and the handle is perfect for my hand. I also use my All-Clad French skillet a lot, but it doesn't have a lid.

I love any cast iron frying pan, no other way to sear meat but on a cast iron pan. I`ll use my one at home for veggies and everything. In a real kitchen though gotta go with a regular steel saute pan, the most handy for most jobs because of the high sides to keep the mess in and keep my mise en place clean. Depends on what`s cooking, though.

My favourite (voted under other) is an 8" french steel searing pan. We used them at school and I love the fact that you can get it to a real high heat quickly on a lower flame and it sears the meat quickly and perfectly every time. For small quantities of meat I will just sear it and stick the whole pan in the oven to finish it off. Best $15.00 I ever spent. I want to get a bigger one next!

That's mine too. I use it more than any other pan.
Mine is my All-Clad 3-quart saute pan - I reach for it first most of the time. I often use it for pan-frying as well as sauteeing, because the high sides keep more of the spatter inside the pan, and since it's larger than my largest skillet, I can usually fit in it comfortably the meat and/or sauce I'm making.

What's your favorite?

My favourite (voted under other) is an 8" french steel searing pan. We used them at school and I love the fact that you can get it to a real high heat quickly on a lower flame and it sears the meat quickly and perfectly every time. For small quantities of meat I will just sear it and stick the whole pan in the oven to finish it off. Best $15.00 I ever spent. I want to get a bigger one next!

I have one of these, too. 24 cm French steel. For $1, in a thrift store. It was obviously used for searing, too...carboned up to the point it could only be used for searing. I cleaned it up, and am starting it over. Sweet little pan.

Back
Top Bottom