"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 08-11-2011, 04:14 PM   #1
Head Chef

What's your favorite cookware?

Hi, This may not be the correct thread to post this in but..What is your favorite vessel or vessels to cook in. Please tell who it's made by and why you like it... I'm looking for new "good" cookware..lol.

Thanks much ~~~~

Old 08-11-2011, 04:43 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire

I don't think I have a out and out favorite... it depends on what I am cooking.
I use my 3.5 Cuisinart sauté pan quite a bit. I like the straight sides for pan frying and then making gravy. Moreso than a frying pan. Less splatter, plus you never know when you'll need a lid, but the same lid for my sauté pans also fit my Cuisinart fry pans. Still, it's easy to stir food around with the higher sides and whisk up a gravy. Chefs Classic I think they are. And I like this non-stick, kinda wok shaped pan, too. It's good for throwing a concoction together, like loaded mac and cheese, where you are frying up sausage and onions to start. It's easy to build stuff in, has lots of room, plus it cleans easy and has a lid. I don't remember the make off hand, but it's a real multi-tasker. The only thing I don't like about that pan is it's not dishwasher safe, whereas my other non-stick cookware is.
Really, anything is my favorite as long as there's food in it

Old 08-11-2011, 04:51 PM   #3
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacanis View Post
I don't think I have a out and out favorite... it depends on what I am cooking.
I use my 3.5 Cuisinart sauté pan quite a bit. I like the straight sides for pan frying and then making gravy. Moreso than a frying pan. Less splatter, plus you never know when you'll need a lid, but the same lid for my sauté pans also fit my Cuisinart fry pans. Still, it's easy to stir food around with the higher sides and whisk up a gravy. Chefs Classic I think they are. And I like this non-stick, kinda wok shaped pan, too. It's good for throwing a concoction together, like loaded mac and cheese, where you are frying up sausage and onions to start. It's easy to build stuff in, has lots of room, plus it cleans easy and has a lid. I don't remember the make off hand, but it's a real multi-tasker. The only thing I don't like about that pan is it's not dishwasher safe, whereas my other non-stick cookware is.
Really, anything is my favorite as long as there's food in it
So the cuisinart is fairly good when it comes to nonstick? Most of the nonstick stuff I've purchased hasn't lasted very long. I don't even get the kind that looks like it may peel, lol. It never last.... and thanks for responding.
Old 08-11-2011, 04:54 PM   #4
Chef Extraordinaire

oops, I forgot to say, the Cuisinart items I mentioned are SS, but I do have one non-stick skillet the same brand that I use for eggs. I like Cuisinart's SS stuff, it works for me and isn't pricey. Their non-stick piece has been pretty good, too. And is DW safe.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
Head Chef

By SS is that stainless steel? THere is a heat limitation on those isn't there?? I don't mean to be a nuisance, lol. Maybe I don't have the right kind cause food sticks in mine..
Old 08-11-2011, 05:09 PM   #6
Certified Pretend Chef

SS is stainless and food shouldn't stick if you follow the proper technique.

The trick to cooking with SS is to start with a clean pan (food will stick to any residue in the pan). Heat it to the proper temp and add the fat of your choice. When the fat is hot, add the meat/poultry/fish you want to cook and leave it alone for 3-4 minutes. Don't try to move or unstick it. Foods will initially stick but will release themselves as a crust is formed. You just have to be patient. Turn the food over and repeat.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:14 PM   #7
Chef Extraordinaire

Site Moderator

Another vote for Cuisinart. It's reasonably priced, and you can get some good deals. I can also use it on my stand-alone induction burner as well as my glasstop.

My ancient and well seasoned Lodge fry pans are great too. You can get them preseasoned, and they are pretty much as non-stick as you can get without the peel away teflon.
Old 08-11-2011, 05:15 PM   #8
Head Chef

Oooh ok, maybe I move the food to quickly. Thanks to all of you!! I can't remember if I have cuisinart but I'm going to try it if not...
Old 08-11-2011, 05:46 PM   #9
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by jusnikki View Post
Hi, This may not be the correct thread to post this in but..What is your favorite vessel or vessels to cook in. Please tell who it's made by and why you like it... I'm looking for new "good" cookware..lol.

Thanks much ~~~~
My tri-ply cookware, which are1 quart, 2 quart, and 4 quart sauce pans with lids; 8-inch, 10-inch, and 12-inch fry pans; 3 quart and 5 quart Dutch ovens with lids; 6 quart saute pan with lid; and a 10 quart stock pot with colander, steaming insert, and lid; which look, work, and are guaranteed exactly like All-Clad at about ⅓ the price, are by Le Gourmet Chef. My teflon pans, consisting of a 12-inch everyday pan with a glass lid and an omelette pan, are from Calphalon. My 6-inch and 8-inch cast iron skillets are from Lodge and my 5 quart enameled cast iron Dutch oven is from Cost Plus World Market. I also have a Norpro Danish Aebleskiver Pan, a two egg size non-stick frying pan from Cost Plus World Market which is also good for one hamburger patty, and an Eggie Individual Mini Fry Pan from Bed, Bath & Junk.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:23 PM   #10
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
My tri-ply cookware, which are1 quart, 2 quart, and 4 quart sauce pans with lids; 8-inch, 10-inch, and 12-inch fry pans; 3 quart and 5 quart Dutch ovens with lids; 6 quart saute pan with lid; and a 10 quart stock pot with colander, steaming insert, and lid; which look, work, and are guaranteed exactly like All-Clad at about ⅓ the price, are by Le Gourmet Chef. My teflon pans, consisting of a 12-inch everyday pan with a glass lid and an omelette pan, are from Calphalon. My 6-inch and 8-inch cast iron skillets are from Lodge and my 5 quart enameled cast iron Dutch oven is from Cost Plus World Market. I also have a Norpro Danish Aebleskiver Pan, a two egg size non-stick frying pan from Cost Plus World Market which is also good for one hamburger patty, and an Eggie Individual Mini Fry Pan from Bed, Bath & Junk.

I'm loving this Cost Plus World Market. My first knowing of it.....Thanks much!!!

Tags
cookware