Where do you keep pot lids?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

suziquzie

Chef Extraordinaire
I am losing the storage drawer in the oven, new one has the broiler down there and the manual says do not use for storage. I don't really want to just throw them on the bottom shelf in the bottom cabinet because I can just see them sliding all over in there driving me nuts. I don't have much space, or another drawer to relocate to. Any ideas? Or just store them in the broiler anyway?

You can get a rack that fits on the inside of a cabinet door that will hold some.

Also, you can lean them against the inside wall of a cabinet next to the pots. Put the smallest one in first then lean a larger one over it, etc. so they are lined up like this /////

I keep my lids on the pot they fit. That does take up room though because you can't nest the pots together, but since mine are non-stick, I wouldn't want to nest them anyway.
I would think your lids would be OK in the broiler, as long as they don't have plastic handles that could melt when you use the oven. Or you don't forget and use the oven, then go reach for a lid without a potholder.

My pots and pans hang on a wonderful rack in the center of my kitchen, and many of the lids slide down over the handles. For the ones that don't, a good friend built me a rack that fits inside the cabinet above the sink, where they reside. :)

Both of which I would do...... the lids can go in the oven to 350. But I'd crank it to 450 one day and have a mess. THEN I would grab them and melt my hand.
I've got my pots nested, they are stainless w/ copper bottoms. I don't have space to keep them apart, I wish I did.
So far they are standing. The smaller ones are in the big stock pot I don't use as often. That way I only have 3 to deal with falling over if it happens, and I guess I can tolerate that.

I have all my lids in the cabnet... I use an old dish drainer to keep them in. They stand up that way and I can find what I"m looking for.

I had a very small kitchen in my apartment, I couldn't use the roll-out lid organizers, the cabinets were not even wide enouth to use a dish-drainer, and the door mounted lid holders wouldn't work on the inside of the doors because of the way the cabinets were made .... BUT - they worked perfectly mounted on the wall beside my stove - and the lids were always handy! And, they would work mounted on the outside of the cabinet doors, too!

I got mine at K-Mart or Target or WalMart or The Container Store ... don't remember, that was about 12 years ago - it was a little different but was very similar to this Vertical Door Mount Lid Rack.

Hm. Well, as I said, mine is similar - it's made of plastic-coated wire, like they make closet systems out of. I keep 4 pot lids in it and it works fine.

My problem I have too many pots and pans. I think I have 14 leads of diferent sizes, maybe more.

I stack the pots without the lids and then stack the lids upside down on the pots so that they are all effectively paired. I have only had my pot drawer for a year and it is wonderful!!

I used to store my baking sheets and metal cookware in the oven Suzi but not the saucepans/lids. Just used to be a pain when I needed the oven trying to find a place to stick the pans/sheets!!

Back
Top Bottom