William-Sonoma Acorn Cakelet Pan

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Cakelets sound small. You probably need several. Oh, OK, I see. It is terminally cute...but you'll still probably need more than one.

either that or do what I do when I make mini cupcakes in my ONE mini pan...cook five batches and take alllll day doing it.! lol

It's all about collecting kitchen toys, and it's just plain fun to be able to say you have one of everything if someone asks. I have no room to talk, as I've never met a Thrift Store I didn't stop in and peruse. I've even found a deal or two along the way, like my three clay bakers for less than $20 for them all.

$36 ain't nothin' honey. It's only money so go ahead and treat yourself. You can't take it with ya... I won't try to talk you off the ledge, I'll crawl out there with ya.

Joseph, the Collector of other people's castoffs.

I think I'll keep an eye on the pan and IF it goes on sale, I'll buy it. I think after the holidays, they'll reduce prices. I'll just have to restrain myself until then.

And Joe, I hit every Goodwill I can find. I can't resist the pyrex and other cute stuff in the GW. I may have go to the GW today now.....hah.

Ah, I see it's a WS exclusive. Here's what I've noticed about WS exclusives, WS signs an exclusive agreement with the manufacturer usually for a specific length of time, a year is usually the time length you hear, after that the maker can open the product up to other retailers. WS retails an exclusive for all they can get for it, once it's allowed to go to other retailers their "price protection" is gone and the product pricing becomes what the market can bear not what WS says it is. One of two things happen either WS drops their price to be more inline with others or the clearance the product out and remove it from their product line up. If they can negotiate another exclusive on it they will (if sold well for them) and that has about a 50/50 chance of happening.

How bad do you want it ? You might just have to belly up to the bar and purchase it, if you want it right now. If you can wait until after the holidays you might find it on clearance for the season or you might not. WS is very good with their inventory control and don't over buy, by very much. WS has their big clearance sale during the summer and that's when I've been able to find some excellent buys, but the rest of the year is hit or miss. If there are several stores in your area your chances go up on whether you will be able to find it on clearance because each store handles those sales on a store by store basis.

What I have found works really well, is to make friends with the store employees and let them know that you shop their stores and their competition, and if the price is right you will purchase. I shop at 6 different WS stores in two different markets, almost all the store managers know me by name and they also know what I want to purchase. Once you, um, how do I say this, get them to pull their nose out of the stratosphere, they can almost be human beings. They know that if they call me with a sale item I want, I will purchase it, and either pick it up or have them ship it. They will also hold something back for me until I can get there to pick it up. It's taken a couple of years to develop this rapport, but it works very well for me and they do treat me like a valued customer, because they know I value their service.

I'm with JoeV. I have more baking pans than most of the kitchenware stores and I have gone to church sales and bought some of them. I would still google it and see if you can find it elsewhere. It is nordicware.
Susan

Toots - check for it on E-Bay. I've gotten brand new Williams-Sonoma merchandise off of there several times at fabulous discounts. For instance - their stainless steel deluxe dish drainer. W-S had it in their catalog for somewhere over $45. I got it for $22. Same for their fabulous stainless steel fish server/spatula. Was $40. I believe I paid $15. Both brand new in original packaging. Most of the folks who sell W-S stuff on E-Bay have easy access to one of their outlets. Just go to E-Bay & do a search for Williams-Sonoma, or for the exact title of the cake pan. You could get lucky.

I am sorry that I went to the site. Did you see the circus cookie cutters? Do you know how much I still love those Barnum and Bailey little boxes of baby animal crackers? Sigh.

Circus Cookie Cutters | Williams-Sonoma

Toots, you and I seem to share the same evil addiction--I love to buy baking cookbooks and bakeware. Do you think there is a twelve step program for us? Maybe our solution is to put it on our wish list and hope we get it as a gift at some point.

I am sorry that I went to the site. Did you see the circus cookie cutters? Do you know how much I still love those Barnum and Bailey little boxes of baby animal crackers? Sigh.

Circus Cookie Cutters | Williams-Sonoma

Toots, you and I seem to share the same evil addiction--I love to buy baking cookbooks and bakeware. Do you think there is a twelve step program for us? Maybe our solution is to put it on our wish list and hope we get it as a gift at some point.

This is why I avoid WS like the plague - however, last w/end I went to Sur la Table having not been in there for years. OK, the cookie cutters in there just about blew my mind. I spent about 2 hours in there trying to decide which ones to buy.

Maybe we should form a new organization - Gadgets Anonymous. :chef:

William Sonoma is giving $10 free gift certificate

This week or next, William Sonoma is giving $10 free gift certifica on a future purchase, with $50 spent now. So does that tempt you more?? Call your local stores for details, and dates. :chef:

This week or next, William Sonoma is giving $10 free gift certifica on a future purchase, with $50 spent now. So does that tempt you more?? Call your local stores for details, and dates. :chef:

Oh boy - I will check this out - thanks!

<I am sorry that I went to the site. Did you see the circus cookie cutters? Do you know how much I still love those Barnum and Bailey little boxes of baby animal crackers? Sigh.

Circus Cookie Cutters | Williams-Sonoma >

I am highly allergic to HYDROGENATED OIL aka TRANS FATS. I get a blistery rash that really is painful in 20 minutes of eating any.

This synthetic oil (Crisco is one of these oils still sold, Margarine etc.) is still in many baked goods, including Barnum and Bailey ANIMAL CRACKERS. So, I bought these cookie press cutters.

They are cool. You can also use them with pie crust and put them as designs on top of your regular pie crusts.

I also saw the giant cupcake pan (a two part cake pan) and in a magazine they made it into a merry-go-round with rows of animal crackers around the base. I think they used ROYAL ICING to assemble the animal cookies around the base, but you can just place them around the edge of any iced cake, or put them in the cars of the train cakes.

Yeah all that stuff is sold at William Sonoma.

I go whenever they have free cooking classes, and have learned so much.

When asked what I want for Christmas, my answer is usually a GIFT CARD from William Sonoma!

I am addicted!!!!

Back
Top Bottom