"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 11-27-2008, 01:09 PM   #11
Head Chef

I am sorry that I went to the site. Did you see the circus cookie cutters? Do you know how much I still love those Barnum and Bailey little boxes of baby animal crackers? Sigh.

Circus Cookie Cutters | Williams-Sonoma

Toots, you and I seem to share the same evil addiction--I love to buy baking cookbooks and bakeware. Do you think there is a twelve step program for us? Maybe our solution is to put it on our wish list and hope we get it as a gift at some point.

Old 11-27-2008, 05:58 PM   #12
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by PieSusan View Post
I am sorry that I went to the site. Did you see the circus cookie cutters? Do you know how much I still love those Barnum and Bailey little boxes of baby animal crackers? Sigh.

Circus Cookie Cutters | Williams-Sonoma

Toots, you and I seem to share the same evil addiction--I love to buy baking cookbooks and bakeware. Do you think there is a twelve step program for us? Maybe our solution is to put it on our wish list and hope we get it as a gift at some point.

This is why I avoid WS like the plague - however, last w/end I went to Sur la Table having not been in there for years. OK, the cookie cutters in there just about blew my mind. I spent about 2 hours in there trying to decide which ones to buy.

Maybe we should form a new organization - Gadgets Anonymous.

Old 12-01-2008, 02:47 PM   #13
Assistant Cook

William Sonoma is giving $10 free gift certificate

This week or next, William Sonoma is giving $10 free gift certifica on a future purchase, with $50 spent now. So does that tempt you more?? Call your local stores for details, and dates.
Old 12-01-2008, 02:51 PM   #14
Head Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarx2 View Post
This week or next, William Sonoma is giving $10 free gift certifica on a future purchase, with $50 spent now. So does that tempt you more?? Call your local stores for details, and dates.
Oh boy - I will check this out - thanks!
Old 12-01-2008, 02:54 PM   #15
Assistant Cook

<I am sorry that I went to the site. Did you see the circus cookie cutters? Do you know how much I still love those Barnum and Bailey little boxes of baby animal crackers? Sigh.

Circus Cookie Cutters | Williams-Sonoma >

I am highly allergic to HYDROGENATED OIL aka TRANS FATS. I get a blistery rash that really is painful in 20 minutes of eating any.

This synthetic oil (Crisco is one of these oils still sold, Margarine etc.) is still in many baked goods, including Barnum and Bailey ANIMAL CRACKERS. So, I bought these cookie press cutters.

They are cool. You can also use them with pie crust and put them as designs on top of your regular pie crusts.

I also saw the giant cupcake pan (a two part cake pan) and in a magazine they made it into a merry-go-round with rows of animal crackers around the base. I think they used ROYAL ICING to assemble the animal cookies around the base, but you can just place them around the edge of any iced cake, or put them in the cars of the train cakes.

Yeah all that stuff is sold at William Sonoma.

I go whenever they have free cooking classes, and have learned so much.

When asked what I want for Christmas, my answer is usually a GIFT CARD from William Sonoma!

I am addicted!!!!