WMF Pans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

rookies

Assistant Cook
Anyone here got any WMF Pans as Looking into getting a new pan set but finding hard what brand to go for

We have several WMF copper bottomed pans. Ours are very stain resistant. Since our WMF pans & pots are over 45 years old, we do not know how good the new ones are.
Before you buy a whole set, consider buying one piece to determine if the line satisfies your needs.

Thank you for your reply...

I am thinking of getting one of the Non Stick range first to do risotto and paella in.

But is the Brand WMF meant to be good? As German items are normally are

If properly prepared, risotto and paella should not need non-stick coated pots. We're not fans of non-stick. I'm sad to say we like our WMF better than our AllClad stainless tri-ply. For preparing food like paella we prefer to use French enameled cast iron (Creuset / Cousances).

/Would of though Non Stick pans be best? stop things sticking to pans as I have stainless steal pans made be stella and they stick

Non-stick coatings are prone to wear; and some generate gases that are fatal to canaries. We're not canaries but ...
Try Googling canary & non-stick.

Teflon type non-stick coatings do not generate gases harmful to small birds at normal cooking temperatures. If you leave an empty pan on a burner for 5-10 minutes, then you would have an issue.

Non-stick coatings are prone to wear
This is true, but it takes years for that to happen in most cases and even when it wears it is still non-stick, just not as slippery as when new. Plus many non-stick pans come with a warranty so as long as you treat the pans within the warranty parameters then you can often get a replacement pan for free when the coating starts to wear. This is not true of every pan of course, but something to consider.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom