"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > General Cooking Information > Cookware and Accessories > Cookware

Old 10-03-2007, 09:30 AM   #11
Certified Pretend Chef

As you continue to cook with the pan, the seasoning will build up and the surface will get smoother. Then the little bits of paper towel lint will no longer be a problem.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:27 PM   #12
Senior Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by kodadon1 View Post
... looking for data on my electric cast iron skillet. I found a discussion on this site. I logged in now I can't find it. ...
Welcome to the forum.

How about this thread:
Electric Cast Iron Skillet?

Tom

Old 12-05-2007, 08:54 PM   #13
Assistant Cook

I have been using a cast iron skillet and a griddle....and a baking dutch for long time....longer than I have been married...26+....some cast ware isn't machined smooth on the inside....that could be an issue....and does effect cooking/cleaning/seasoning.

Like some of the other posts, I don't always oil....but always clean and dry. I have a good friend with a really old, well seasoned deep skillet. His pan is black with seasoned age. It got that way by not having been heavily scrubbed and always used for deep-fry type cooking. I have never seen a better seasoned pot. Take good care of your cast ware and it will serve you well....don't cook tomatoes in it!! Find an old smoothie if your's has a sand-cast interior. ras