You Will Never Believe What I Am Forced To Do!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That is how my friends and I furnished our first apartments. The kids at Syracuse University go home just prior to Mothers day each year and the streets used to be filled with wonderful things. Today the University works with local charities to pick up the items and give them to people who need them or for use in charity run thrift shops. I also got more than one Christmas tree this way. The students would pitch out fully decorated trees when they went home for break. I still slam on the breaks for a great looking pile of trash! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

I often wondered how many apartments would a certain couch or chair find a home. Recycle folks, recycle. :)

I picked up a great 1950's kitchen table, with the chrome legs and edging, that way when I was in Grad school.

I had one of them. That table is where I taught my kids their table manners and helped them with their homework. You got six chairs to make the whole set. Four kids, mother and father. :)

I often wondered how many apartments would a certain couch or chair find a home. Recycle folks, recycle. :)

I agree, I always think of the movie The Yellow Rolls Royce from the sixties. I often wonder how some of these things have flown so high and landed so low. It is nice to give them a new lease on life. It also give me an interesting story to tell about my adventures. Much more exciting than just saying I flashed my credit card at the clerk in the furniture store! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Good point!

I did not offer her my extra set of knives [F. Dick] because I was afraid I would come by one day and see her opening a can with one!:ermm:

I am ashamed to admit I took a subtle revenge on her last night. I found some Rachel Ray knives online with a plastic knife block. I told my sister about them, and she bought them for my niece. If they want crap, then I will enable them to get crap.

Am I a terrible person?:rolleyes:

LMAO! An object lesson in be careful what you wish, you might get it.

That is how my friends and I furnished our first apartments. The kids at Syracuse University go home just prior to Mothers day each year and the streets used to be filled with wonderful things. Today the University works with local charities to pick up the items and give them to people who need them or for use in charity run thrift shops. I also got more than one Christmas tree this way. The students would pitch out fully decorated trees when they went home for break. I still slam on the breaks for a great looking pile of trash! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:
A friend who spent many years in Japan when her husband used to be assigned there said that she'd do a lot of this on lunar new year because there was a sort of out with the old in with the new mentality for that holiday.

A friend of mine taught English as a second language in Tokyo. She said they had the best gomi (garbage). Tiny apartments, no room to be a hamster and they like getting new electronics.

My dear great niece just moved into her first apartment. Since I knew she did not have anything, I bought a practically new set of Le Creuset cookware from my aunt who is moving out of town. I thought it would be a good gift for niecy.:angel:

Believe it or not, my darling air head niece turned it down! She did not like the color! And horrors, she would have to clean the burned spots on the outside!:ermm:

My niece told me she wanted the Rachel Ray cookware set with the orange handles because orange was her favorite color.:ohmy:

I am just too through! To add insult to injury, niecy said she wanted Rachel Ray orange knives and utensils.

I am pulling my hair out.............:mad:
She'll reqret that...I love the Le Crueset set my mom bought me 30 years ago...I'd take it in a NY minute!

Back
Top Bottom