You Will Never Believe What I Am Forced To Do!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Leolady

Head Chef
My dear great niece just moved into her first apartment. Since I knew she did not have anything, I bought a practically new set of Le Creuset cookware from my aunt who is moving out of town. I thought it would be a good gift for niecy.:angel:

Believe it or not, my darling air head niece turned it down! She did not like the color! And horrors, she would have to clean the burned spots on the outside!:ermm:

My niece told me she wanted the Rachel Ray cookware set with the orange handles because orange was her favorite color.:ohmy:

I am just too through! To add insult to injury, niecy said she wanted Rachel Ray orange knives and utensils.

I am pulling my hair out.............:mad:

Bucky, I am devastated. This child is sweet, but absolutely clueless about cookware.

Well, as we say in the country, you can buy some people books, but they're just gonna chew the covers off them.

And Rachel Ray stuff will do just fine for Hamburger Helper and Kraft Mac and Cheese. (And reheating Chinese take-out.)

You know, it takes a lot of people until later in life to get serious about cooking.

Of course, a lot of people also acquire some grace about accepting gifts real early in life, and the others tend not to ever acquire it later.

You offered her a good set of cookware and she turned it down. And now she wants RR knives to match. What is it that you are forced to do?

You offered her a good set of cookware and she turned it down. And now she wants RR knives to match. What is it that you are forced to do?

Niecy wants me to buy the RR knives and utensils.:ohmy: I have some brand new Oxo Good Grips utensils in a box in the garage. But they are black.

I certainly hope you're not planning on buying her anything! You offered what you offered, if she wants something different that up to her to buy!

True! Niecy is already too spoiled, and for her own good I need to learn to say NO.

I will not buy her anything else.

IF she is important in your life, don't let her lack of knowledge throw you!
Don't expect a young cook to understand...it's just too much to ask.
Teach gently.......always. Be the lesson.

Last edited:
I have to agree with the majority here, LL. You gave a gift from your heart and she turned it down. It isn't so much not knowing good cookware as not knowing good manners.

I would tell her that if she doesn't like the gift she can return it, but it is up to YOU whether you buy a replacement gift or not. It is not for her to make demands.

Then, whether you do or don't give her something she at least has been taught (will she listen is up to her).

Back
Top Bottom