"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > Beverages and Wine

Old 08-19-2011, 01:33 PM   #31
Executive Chef

Sugar-Free Double Mocha
Contains 0% sugar and only 8g carbs

Name:   Hills Bros Sugar-Free Double Mocha Cappuccino, 12 oz.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  9.6 KB

Old 08-19-2011, 02:00 PM   #32
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitauta View Post
i drink my coffee black these days. i used to put cream and sugar in it until one time ran out of cream. from that day on, i took my coffee black, heavy with sugar. then there was the day there was no sugar in the house....now i'm good, i take my coffee strong and black--so long as the day never comes that i run out of coffee....
I drank my coffee without milk or sugar for almost 10 years. I only recently started drinking milk with it again. When I lived in Barcelona I didn't know how to ask for milk or sugar in the beginning so I just drank it plain since you get it that way in restaurants if you don't ask for milk or sugar

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:31 PM   #33
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir_Loin_of_Beef View Post
I have a Krups KP1010 Home Cafe single serve coffeemaker, which can actually brew one or two 6oz, 7.5oz, or 9oz cups at a time, from coffee pods. Right now I have a selection of Kona, Kenya, Moka Java and Costs Rican pods, or I can make my own pods with the Peerless Hawaiian blend or San Francisco Bay Fogchaser coffee beans I grind myself using purchased filter papers and my Perfect Pod Maker. I drink my 9oz coffee in a porcelain mug with a teaspoon of agave nectar and a shot of half & half. I usually consume two to three cups every morning, but very seldom drink coffee after lunch.

I also have a Keurig single serve coffee machine, but it is in retirement right now due to the excessive cost of K-cups and Keurig's penchant towards restraint of trade when it comes to products that work with their machines that are produced by other companies.
i've had a keurig for about six months now--love everything about it but for the high cost of kcups. usually i drink two or three mugs of keurig coffee every day before switching to the cheap stuff. sir loin, what's this about "restraint of trade" re keurig? first i'm hearing of this....
Old 08-19-2011, 02:48 PM   #34
Master Chef

Folger's with cream. I've recently been trying some of the flavored creamers. The chai latte is good as well as caramel macchiato(sp?). 1 cup every morning. If I have any after noon must be decaff. I even have to watch the caffeine in sodas and teas after noon so I can sleep.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:24 PM   #35
Master Chef

Site Moderator

with milk (1/2 and 1/2 if there is any on hand)...my preferred brand is Chock full o'Nuts
Old 08-19-2011, 03:28 PM   #36
Head Chef

I had always drunk tea w/milk & sugar until last year, when I was trying to pin down a food (or something) allergy. Started drinking a little coffee, so now start the day with a short cup of Folgers instant with two little sugar cubes and a spoon of French Vanilla creamer. I found the coffee helps the cold engine turn over first thing in the AM. If I drank a whole pot of coffee, I wouldn't stop running for a week.
Old 08-19-2011, 03:48 PM   #37
Executive Chef

with the exception of the cafe du monde, my very best coffee experiences have invariably occurred in diners. i don't know why or how this should be unless all diners in america use the same brand of coffee not shared with the rest of us. and i don't very often go to diners anymore either, but there's one thing i can absolutely count on--i'll be served a delicious, piping hot cup of coffee in a thick, white, ceramic cup, ahhh.... :)
Old 08-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #38
Executive Chef

8 O'clock with cream and equal in the morning. The sometimes in the evening .. it's the same thing with a bit of Kahlua - YUM !!

Douwe Egberts when we can get it .. delicious !
Old 08-19-2011, 04:05 PM   #39
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post
8 O'clock with cream and equal in the morning. The sometimes in the evening .. it's the same thing with a bit of Kahlua - YUM !!

what's really good is, a steaming cup of coffee after the evening meal, followed up with 2 jiggers of kahlua, mixed with verrrry cold 2% milk. nowhere to go, no need to go nowhere....
Old 08-20-2011, 01:44 AM   #40
Master Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsLMB View Post

Douwe Egberts is my favourite too :) It's really good, we get it in all supermarkets. I use the Pure Gold and if I really can't find I'll buy Jacobs Cronat Gold, it comes close to DE's.

"I hear voices and they don't like you "
Snip 13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drink, coffee